I think you guys are taking it too far

Published September 24th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

I saw your Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster website today.

Okay, it’s great to have a bit of a laugh, and I did when I read the bit about ‘our God having bigger balls than yours’ but I think you guys are taking it too far.

Seriously, I think you guys are pathetic.

You’re just as bad as the creators of the website.

Get a life, Mr. Henderson. Stop acting like a primary school kid.

You must be an AMerican, to come up with such crap.

If you want to actually be saved, read the real bible.

Please publish this on your hate mail page. Otherwise writing this email will have been in vain

-GSG

370 Responses to “I think you guys are taking it too far”

1 2 3 47
  1. Booty says:

Hi GSG – what makes you think we are joking?
    I mean, sure some of our beliefs sound a little…unusual, but then so does believing that a man was born of a virgin and walked on water – I mean really, no one believes that, surely?
    If you want to be saved start eating pasta and be touched by his noodly appendage – we wont pray for you, as the FSM doesn’t really listen that much, but I am sure he will touch you in passing some day and I’ll see you at the beer volcano :)

2. Red Dutchpasta Wench says:

Not much chance on that Booty, since he appears to be suffering from a mild case of HDD. He can smile and does, but only till it affects HIS strange little beliefs.
    If being saved measn having to read that bit of drivel known as the bible: thanks, but no thanks.

3. tubby says:

The “real bible”? Never a greater oxymoron has been uttered.

4. Devout Heathen says:

“I saw your Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster website today.”
    That’s very attentive of you.

“10 million people? Get real. No-one believes in that crap. Your only supporters are atheists, which means they don’t believe in a God.”
    You may be surprised to know that some Christians support this site. They are likewise of the opinion that you should keep the things you believe separate from the things you know. Otherwise, we end up with math problems like: Q: How much is 2 + 2? A: Whatever Our Lord has ordained 2 + 2 to be. What it is, is not ours to know. Yes it bloody well is! It’s four and no points for you.

“Academic endorsements? You don’t need a PhD to understand God. Having a PhD does not mean that you can make judgements about God and religion, put them in a box and say “this is God”. No-one can do that.”
    Very good. Now remember that argument when the Intelligent Design crowd come up to you claiming they have scientific evidence that this world is too complex to have evolved “by chance”, as they put it. Keep in mind that you said that you can’t analyse God by scientific means. Still, that is exactly what the ID’ers are claiming to do.

“Also, don’t you think that you might be offending some people?”
    If so, good. Some people deserve to be offended.

“Openly discriminating another religion is not regarded as a decent thing to do. This is not the Crusades. Get with the times.”
    The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not discriminate against other religions. It illustrates the folly of the Intelligent Design school of thought by providing an alternative theory that is obviously wrong, but for the same reasons that the concept of Intelligent Design is wrong.

“We Christians don’t openly insult other religions on web pages, nor do they against us. There is nothing wrong with having a joke without poking fun at others.”
    Oh dear oh dear… You haven’t read many Christian websites lately, have you? I believe you may even be able to find some rather offensive posts here. But the Christians who do that are Not the True Christians, right?

“I’m not even going to try and counter your theories, because I don’t need to, they’re so stupid.”
    See them as the first exercise in “Proving That Intelligent Design Is Wrong”.

“The reason I sent you this email was because I saw your hate mail page and thought I might contribute.”
    Thank you for doing so.

5. Devout Heathen says:

And would it be too much too ask, Mr. Henderson, to have this site insert some blank lines where I put them?

6. Wench Nikkiee says:

@GSG
    Makes your whole post a little hypocritical then….don’t you think?
    Hail His Noodlyness, our one true Creator and you too will be saved from a beerless, stripperless eternity!
    RAmen
    @Devout Heathen
    RAmen on your post
    To break up text we just use a period
    You’re not the first here who’s been robbed of your blank lines :)

7. David says:

Most Atheists are rational enough to believe in god when evidence is provided. So most of our supporters were atheists…

Priests.

“Also, don’t you think that you might be offending some people? Openly discriminating another religion is not regarded as a decent thing to do. This is not the Crusades. Get with the times. We Christians don’t openly insult other religions on web pages, nor do they against us. There is nothing wrong with having a joke without poking fun at others.”

Which is funny because the entirety of the rest of your post does all of this, including

“One last thing, to all you so-called ‘Christians’ out there posting hate-mail on this website, I don’t think you’re acting like a Christian if you threaten them with hell, or tell them God will punish them, because of the website.” and then “If you want to actually be saved, read the real bible.”

8. Wench Nikkiee says:

@GSG
    “Your only supporters are atheists, which means they don’t believe in a God.”
    Correction. Atheists believe in no gods…I believe in His Noodlyness. Or do you mean anyone who doesn’t believe in *your chosen god* is an atheist?

1 2 3 47