Small win for Science in the UK

Published June 22nd, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Clearly a result of the London Pirate Demonstration – A recent statement by the UK prime minister includes the following:

The Government is clear that creationism and intelligent design are not part of the science National Curriculum programmes of study and should not be taught as science.

The full statement can be found here

77 Responses to “Small win for Science in the UK”

1. ۞ says:

Ho Ho!

2. Alchemist says:

Wench Octarine (Pratchett fan?)
    what englishman would put a perfectly good pie in mushy peas? none, even while drunk. lol
    The infamous floater eh? I’ve made some interesting drunk food but you’re right, never that.
    I hate mushy peas – which is a bit like hating soccer (hate that too) where I live!

3. Wench Nikkiee says:

wench octarine
    “put a perfectly good pie in mushy peas? none, even while drunk. lol”
    We don’t really have those in QLD. Maybe can get it here and there…but rare.
    Think it’s more a SA….maybe WA too(?) tradition. Heard about them, but sure I’ve never seen one. Can’t imagine what technique would be used to eat it :)))

4. Alchemist says:

Just found this on Wiki…..
    “In 2003, the pie floater was recognised as a South Australian Heritage Icon by the National Trust of Australia.”
    Hahahahaha – Heritage Icon?

5. Wench Nikkiee says:

Don’t laugh…they recently added Cane Toads to that list, much to the outrage of the population. Not sure if they since removed the entry!

6. ۞ says:

I only know one thing as a floater. And that looks about as appetising.
    I rest my case. The Aussies are like the Brits on a permanent holiday.
    They are soooo laid back.

7. Alchemist says:

I can imagine a bit of outrage – if they carry on like they were you’ll be knee deep in toads in a few years. You’d think myxomatosis would have given folks a heads up.

8. Wench Beth says:

“Knee Deep In Toads” — that’d be a great name for a band!