Small win for Science in the UK

Published June 22nd, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Clearly a result of the London Pirate Demonstration – A recent statement by the UK prime minister includes the following:

The Government is clear that creationism and intelligent design are not part of the science National Curriculum programmes of study and should not be taught as science.

The full statement can be found here

77 Responses to “Small win for Science in the UK”

1. ۞ says:

Short name restored!

2. ۞ says:

3. Avatar of Reason says:

It would be nice if we, the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, made a similar decision.
    @۞: But the United States Constitution is so wonderfully quotable, as evidenced only a few lines up!

4. ۞ says:

Avatar,
    The declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights are fine documents.
    You need to lose the bearing arms thing or at least re-interpret it in a way more appropriate for the modern world, but other than than that they are a brilliant attempt to establish a society based on freedom and equality including religious freedom and equality.
    You really don’t spend enough time with your fore-fathers!

5. Wench Nikkiee says:

۞ Jun 23rd, 2007 at 2:21 am
    “I bet some of you Americans are regretting that whole independence thing as being a bit rash now!”
    Hahahahahahaha…could have only come from an Englisman :)

6. ۞ says:

Yeah, well you ozzies are a different story.
    You lot are obviously just Englishmen a long way from home and run your country accordingly. However the Yanks have gone off on a couple of very bad ideas here and there!

7. Wench Beth says:

Bad Yanks, we are… bad Yanks :(

8. thesorgo says:

C’mon, Cut us some slack
    we are pretty new to the whole country business. England has had like a thousand year headstart.
    And…
    I was reading the wiki page on England to see exactly when england was started (accuracy is my is my third middle name to the left, right after jephsiutaphem)
    and I guess who I found were bed-mates.
    England and god.
    that’s right

England
    Motto
    Dieu et mon droit (French)
    “God and my right”