Small win for Science in the UK

Published June 22nd, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Clearly a result of the London Pirate Demonstration – A recent statement by the UK prime minister includes the following:

The Government is clear that creationism and intelligent design are not part of the science National Curriculum programmes of study and should not be taught as science.

The full statement can be found here

77 Responses to “Small win for Science in the UK”

1. Wench Beth says:

Hope we get our blue name links back soon….

2. Wench Nikkiee says:

Hi Wench Beth :)
    Happy to go without mine if I can keep seeing news like this :))))))
    RAmen

3. Wench Nikkiee says:

Happy day :)))

4. Her Most Serene Highness Lady Octarine1 the Undulant of Hopton Goosnargh says:

oh well. my company, soulland inc.™ also have a wide range of useful tools for dealing with fundies, including the fundiebuster3000, the only argument negator that comes with a faith vacuum, power steering and profanity detector, perfect to deal with fundies who just get too annoying to deal with personally.

anyone know any pastafarians in adelaide, australia? also, where is thumper™ the rabbit? he hasnt posted in a while.

ramen

5. Wench Nikkiee says:

Hi Lady Octarine :)
    “oh well. my company, soulland inc.™ also have a wide range of useful tools for dealing with fundies”
    Excellent! Will keep that in mind. :)

Not in Adelaide, but in Nth QLD.
    Thumper was around a day or say ago. I’m sure he’ll turn up sooner or later :))))
    Her Exalted Highness Duchess Nikki the Mystical of Giggleswick under Table
    RAmen

6. Wench Nikkiee says:

Ooooh…what I really meant to say was: Based in QLD, the home of the Mighty Maroons :))
    RAmen

7. Wench Nikkiee says:

Hmmm….being as you are from Adelaide, perhaps I should have said “Home of the Brisbane Bears” :))
    I’m out of here again I’m afraid. May be around a little later this evening. (OZ time :))
    RAmen

8. Prof. B♥♥ty says:

Morning Nikkiee, if you are still here.
    Hi Lady Octarine, do we know you?
    By the way, we were all shortening our names down again in celebration of RECENT COMMENTS being back! (Although it is of course very lovely!)