Global Warming, Pirates, and the Rise of the FSM

Published June 24th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

The Cincinnati Beacon notices a relationship between global warming and pirates.

General consciousness about global warming seems to have reached a new critical mass, perhaps thanks to Al Gore’s movie and the growing awareness of green technologies.

But has anyone noticed, while more people become aware of global warming and take steps to combat it, that our culture has become filled with even more pirates? Pirates, in many ways, are experiencing a renaissance in America right now.

Read it here.

187 Responses to “Global Warming, Pirates, and the Rise of the FSM”

1. DutchPastaGuy says:

@Steriotypical Evironmentalist
    The light-hearted response would be to agree with Beth. As an environmetally obsessed person I think it was excellent to do away with CFCs. That one got through without conspiracy theories, pity that something went very wrong when some folks got their media spin around global warming.

2. Wench Beth says:

The serious response would be that we need to convert to solar energy, wind energy, hydrogen-powered cars, etc. as soon as possible WITHOUT the oil moguls paying everyone off so that they can keep drilling dinosaur juice out of our precious Earth. We also need to stop burning carbon-based fuels, for FSM’s sake!
    The sick thing is that we already have all the technology to do all of the above, but politics and greed are preventing it. Makes me want to hurl… :(

3. Steriotypical Evironmentalist... says:

I wish there were more people like you guys in the world… It’s sad to know that so many people are afraid to risk an initial profit decline to, not to be cliche, for I generally hate the phrase, “save the Earth”.

4. Aristotle, Penguin Lurver says:

Yeah, you be right, Wench Beth. We could probabaly convert entirely to alternitive energy sources right now.
    @Anyone with a hybrid or electic car – Do you get a “holier-than-thou” feeling when seeing a Hummer, Corvette, or Mustang drive by? I certainly do.

5. Wench Beth says:

My next car will be a hybrid, guaranteed. I’ve had my existing car (a sedan with decent mileage) for many years and I’ve figured out that it’s more environmentally correct to keep her running — cleanly — as long as I can, and then when she goes to FSM car heaven I will get the hybrid.
    Oh, and incidentally, Aristotle, Corvettes and Mustangs are EXEMPT from all emissions rules in the Book of Wench Beth! Ha ha!! They are the HAWT-est cars on the road, so they get to eat gas as much as they want! Yah!! Everything else has got to go.
    (I’m kidding, by the way. I am the most raging environmentalist on the planet, I think.)

6. Wench Nikkiee says:

“Bush Administration announces effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through….”

7. Rowdiest Wench says:

Hey everyone! Check out this website! Speaking of HAWT! These cars ROCK. I am serious about that BTW – these guys are computer nuts and came at designing a car from a totally different paradigm.

8. wench octarine says:

hey guys, if you wanna know about g/w in australia, go to the triple m website & click the spoonman link. he did an interview with the guy who knows stuff about nuclear, dunno his name, hard to spell.
    ramen