Global Warming, Pirates, and the Rise of the FSM

Published June 24th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

The Cincinnati Beacon notices a relationship between global warming and pirates.

General consciousness about global warming seems to have reached a new critical mass, perhaps thanks to Al Gore’s movie and the growing awareness of green technologies.

But has anyone noticed, while more people become aware of global warming and take steps to combat it, that our culture has become filled with even more pirates? Pirates, in many ways, are experiencing a renaissance in America right now.

Read it here.

188 Responses to “Global Warming, Pirates, and the Rise of the FSM”

1. Wench Beth says:

Hmmm… moderation again… what a fundie invention… perhaps I should have said: Congratulations, Wench Octarine, on acquiring the initial response on this thread, which awards you the gold medal for Australia!

2. Theo says:

Global Warming is all to do with the FSM not CO2, and we should help his spagheti footprint by dressing up every friday and eating more pasta

3. realmenlovechrist says:

Hi, this is my first post here. My name is Shawn. I have just found this site from my friend who is doing an online ministry. He is a good man, retired Military, and wounded in combat in WW2 but still very active. I thought it would be good to ask people here what they really think of global warming. Science is good for many things but in this case there is no real proof that the Earth is not going through one of it’s normal warming phrases. Over the last 6000 years there has been slight gloabal temperature fluctuation, science has shown this. This Earth was created for us and I don’t believe that God would purposely try to sabotage His own work, because this would be contrary to everything He has told us. But I would like to hear your thoughts too on this. Perhaps if you are in doubt about anything I can help to point you in the direction of some answers.

In Christ,
    Shawn

4. Prof. B♥♥ty says:

Lalalalalalala!
    I have nothing to say, but just wanted to join in!

5. Wench Beth says:

Hi, Professor! “Lalalalalalala!” is a perfectly good thing to say.

6. Alchemist says:

Apparently the spam filter is flagging every post that includes the infamous phrase “FI*** PO**”

7. Wench Beth says:

Well, isn’t that just such a FUNDAMENTALIST thing to do? I smell a Jehovah’s Witness!

8. Alchemist says:

Wonder if it does the same with second post?