Global Warming, Pirates, and the Rise of the FSM

Published June 24th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

The Cincinnati Beacon notices a relationship between global warming and pirates.

General consciousness about global warming seems to have reached a new critical mass, perhaps thanks to Al Gore’s movie and the growing awareness of green technologies.

But has anyone noticed, while more people become aware of global warming and take steps to combat it, that our culture has become filled with even more pirates? Pirates, in many ways, are experiencing a renaissance in America right now.

Read it here.

188 Responses to “Global Warming, Pirates, and the Rise of the FSM”

1 17 18 19 20 21 24
  1. Rowdiest Wench says:

Hello? Hello? Am I too late?

@ Wench Octarine- I have all the links saved to a file – it’s a long list! I don’t know what thread I posted the links on…it’s been a while ago (like 3 weeks, but stuff changes rapidly around here!) Ummm, we’ll figure something out!
    @ Dan – Welcome and RAmen! Ahahahaha! Good stuff! You’ll fit in beautifully around here with that kind of ability to generate puns! :)))

2. Wench Beth says:

To Rowdiest… you could actually wear your “pirate costume” on Halloween if you wore nude nylons and a sheer long sleeved body suit along with it. Then it would have the same effect but you’d be warm!

Or you could go to Texas where Bearded Clam Admirer is (are you really in Texas, BCA? I’m your next door neighbor in New Mexico!) and show off your costume there! If you do, tell me in advance and I’m driving down there to take videos!! :)))

3. Wench Beth says:

To Rowdiest again… never mind, I realized you’ll have to wear a winter coat if you show up in your “pirate costume” on Halloween. Let’s just say that global warming will DISAPPEAR COMPLETELY if you wear it!!!! :)))

4. Rowdiest Wench says:

@ WB – Aw, thanks! :))) Really! I’d blush if I wasn’t Rowdiest Wench! I gave up blushing! Wee hee! :)))

5. Wench Beth says:

To Rowdiest… HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

6. Rowdiest Wench says:

@ WB – :)))))

7. Steriotypical Evironmentalist... says:

Hey all. I’m just a bit curious. What is the Pastafarian belief in terms of Ozone thinning? I know that we have phased out CFCs officially, but I just want to know.

8. Wench Beth says:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster will cover us with His Noodly Appendages if the ozone layer gets too thin. So don’t worry.

1 17 18 19 20 21 24