Global Warming, Pirates, and the Rise of the FSM

Published June 24th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

The Cincinnati Beacon notices a relationship between global warming and pirates.

General consciousness about global warming seems to have reached a new critical mass, perhaps thanks to Al Gore’s movie and the growing awareness of green technologies.

But has anyone noticed, while more people become aware of global warming and take steps to combat it, that our culture has become filled with even more pirates? Pirates, in many ways, are experiencing a renaissance in America right now.

Read it here.

187 Responses to “Global Warming, Pirates, and the Rise of the FSM”

1 21 22 23
  1. Greenfudge.org » Arrr Pirates Responsible for Global Warming? says:

[...] He also includes additional article information that also talks of possible connections between piracy and global warming. What’s more, in 2008, with the growing Somalian pirate activities throughout the Gulf of Aden, [...]

2. Wlodzimierz says:

FINE, I get this is meant to get “reminisce with everyone about our childhoods”, where the target group is lots of twenty-year olds. Hence I won’t criticise the omission epidermis classics. But I’ll point out that really shows exactly how even in their best moments number has really slipped. None of the songs can examine to “I wanna often be like you” and “The Bare Necessities” (Jungle book)

3. get rid of bags under eyes says:

All I can say is… please write more. OMG, it seems as though I watched a video instead of reading an article…it’s so clear. You actually know what you’re writing about. My thought was, why waste your knowledge on blog posting when you could be authoring books? Think about it. You’re awesome at what you do. WORD!

4. Khalilah Kirchoff says:

80′s was a great time. I remember all this great songs I discovered than. I wish I can’t find such a great songs now.

5. wpolscemamymocneseo says:

What an ineresint text. I am trully happy. Keep doing good job man

6. Annamarie Nixon says:

I remember these emotions I heard Starway to Heaven first time. Rock and metal rules the world

7. click here says:

Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”.

8. city centre retreat says:

This apartment (55 m2) enjoys a modern and sober home design allowing you to feel both fresh and comfortable in the middle of the traditional gardens of the city: located in between the buildings and away from traffic noise, they are usually a secret for tourists but the favourite for locals. city centre retreat

• Keith says:

“There is a French widow in every bedroom affording delightful prospects” (Not my joke: Gerard Hoffnung’s but I couldn’t resist it).

• Captain Birdseye says:

Perhaps one can also “enjoy the cuisine in a European ambulance”. Aaaaarghhhh..

• Keith says: