reaction to coming out as an atheist

Published April 11th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

This video is kinda funny, kinda sad.  The kid videotaped his “coming out” as an atheist, and the Catholic mother does take it well, to say the least.  I bet that she would have been less upset if he had converted to Pastafarianism.

[youtube]P8Aq00yJSxo[/youtube]

115 Responses to “reaction to coming out as an atheist”

1 2 3 15
  1. Wench Beth says:

Well, it’s the first step. The boy will soon be touched by His Noodly Appendage, no doubt.

2. pastaman says:

something similar happened when i told my mom i was a pastafarian, then, to calm her down, i told her that i was an atheist (lie) and she got even worse!

3. God? Pasta? what has more letters? says:

I used to be Jewish and my parents were like… “Oy veh! Not believe in god? Who do you think wrote the ten commandments then?” I almost burst out laughing. In the end i wish i could have been in the room with him when his mom was flipping out. When she was like “YOUR NOT GETTING PRESENTS CAUSE THATS WHATS CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT!” id get such a kick out of that

4. Scott says:

jesus h christ.. murder you mom in your sleep. religion is one of the most cappiest topics to talk about because there is so much difference in it all.. and from a noodly standpoint everything is laid out for us. and this is how the world actualy is.. PEOPLE are literally doing this every single day.. as penn and teller put it.. religion is bullshit. Its amazing, and this kids mom.. its the real reaction.. and ps dude.. if my mom got that close i got no prob with her, never got in a real fight,, a few charges of drugs, but not a gangster kid i prolly would have had to push her or punch her outta my face, a little wrong in her part because everyone has theyre own personal rights, rediculess..
    Scott OUT

5. Peter Popoff says:

Oh Snap!
    Geez mom, what a mouth you have!
    I guess things have changed in the good ol’ RC?
    If my mom ever used the word “fuck” god would have struck her dead!
    Oh My!

6. Bubba says:

holy crap
    i never thought parents could be like that, my mom wasn’t upset at all when i told her i was an atheist, not even my grandma was too upset and she goes to church every sunday

WoW that just showed me how lucky i am having the family that i have

btw i can’t get my parents to stop giving me presents to christmas or easter (If i get cash i give it to charity, and they still woun’t stop) …. but i guess that doesn’t really qualify as a problem now does it ?

7. Icecream says:

I HATE YOU, EVILMOM!

8. Icecream says:

BECAUSE YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM ABOUT PASTAFARIANISM!

1 2 3 15