Noodlefest 2007

Published April 11th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

On May 9th the Missouri State University Chapter of the Church of the FSM will be putting on a FREE outdoor concert from noon-11pm. They have 8 bands signed to play already and will be raising money for breast cancer research.

Here’s the flyer:

Update:
Noodlefest has four band slots remaining and would love some big-name talent from outside the area.  Interested bands can contact Rob at 314-378-2202 or Lehr868@missouristate.edu

93 Responses to “Noodlefest 2007”

1. Leaper says:

After watching this I think I might start worshiping a milk jug.

2. Pirate of Umbar says:

That reminds me of a proof I saw that Alexander the Great both does not exist, and had an infinate number of arms. I don’t recall the reasoning behind him not existing (I think it had something to do with the color of his horse), but i do recall the reason he had an infinate number of arms.

Before one (I don’t remember which) of his most important battles, they say he was forewarned by a gypsy as to something (probably something about his enemies tactics, but I’m not sure). As a particular saying goes, “forwarned is forarmed”. Everyone knows that four is a very odd number of arms for a man to have. However, for is an even number. The only number that is both odd and even at the same time is infinity. Ergo, Alexander the Great had an infinite number of limbs. I’ll have to get back to you on the “non-existant” part.
    -PoU
    PS It also sounds a lot like how the IPU is both invisible and pink at the same time. what a talented unicorn. Maybe it was the aformentioned horse.

3. Pirate of Umbar says:

By the way, that last comment was about the Noodly Appendage, not the milk jug.

4. JT says:

Baby,

I’m sure we could find you a place.

JT

5. Mike Meier says:

The milk jug in my fridg is only a quart. I’d probably only get 1/4 of what I prayed for.

6. Ûž says:

We might say “John reached out with his arm” without implying that John only had one arm.
    It would appear funny to say “John reached out with an arm” because it appears to imply the arm may not be his.
    I think we prefer the inconsistency about the number rather than ownership and may not wish for the verbosity of “John reached out with one of his arms”.

7. Pirate of Umbar says:

Thanks for clearing that up. …wow, one simple grammer question led to some interesting discussions… from God’s non-existant hand, to the number of arm’s Alex the Great had, finally to this “John” character. That’s Pastafarianism for you :)
    RAmen,
    PoU

8. Noodlefest is today at Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster says:

[...] Just a reminder to Pastafarians in the MSU area, Noodlefest is taking place today. [...]