Noodlefest 2007

Published April 11th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

On May 9th the Missouri State University Chapter of the Church of the FSM will be putting on a FREE outdoor concert from noon-11pm. They have 8 bands signed to play already and will be raising money for breast cancer research.

Here’s the flyer:

Update:
Noodlefest has four band slots remaining and would love some big-name talent from outside the area.  Interested bands can contact Rob at 314-378-2202 or Lehr868@missouristate.edu

93 Responses to “Noodlefest 2007”

1. joe says:

wow u guys r fuckin gay

2. JT says:

Joe,

Such eloquence can only compel me to believe that you are an informed individual laying down a well thought-out opinion. Thank you for your contribution.

JT

3. Rob says:

I r smart, u r dumb……. It’s great when people make themselves look rediculous without any help…. I’m sure Joe would have written his insult in crayon if possible.

I’m glad that you are able to come Laura. The more pirates, the better
    -Rob

4. Senri says:

I was gonna go but I got school that day. Damn it!

5. Starviper says:

Aww, i live in minnesota. If olny it was here >.

6. Pastafarian Girl says:

Definitely promoting this one! What a great cause…maybe we all can create Noodlefest’s around the country! Pirate Garb Required…:)

Arrrrgggghhhh!

7. AF says:

WOW!!! I was so shocked to see there is a Church of the FSM here in Springfield. I’ll be attending your concert. What a great idea!

8. Rob says:

I would love it if more Church Chapters set up shows similar to the one that we’re planning. If we could get enough funding, I would be comepletely up for planning a college tour after I graduate. How awesome would that be? Unlikely, but awesome.

We are still crossing the fingers that a band or two from out of state, with some good crowd draw, will volunteer to play the show. So if anyone knows bands that will be touring in the area, or just would be willing to make a special trip to Missouri, please have them shoot me an e-mail at Lehr868@missouristate.edu. I’m savind two prime time slots just in case. I can swing a bit of gas money out of my pocket, but thats about it.

Also, we are planning on building a 20-30 foot pirate ship for the event to draw a crowd. Plans have been drawn up and I’m working on funding for materials right now. Videos of all of the bands will be youtube’d after the show for all of you pirates who wont be able to make it to the show.

We already constructed a very large carboard dome for crowd draw and that will be on the stage along with the pirate ship, hopefully with a bunch of pirates aboard.

Thanks again for all the supportive comments, and again, any money you could spare would help our cause alot and enable us to make this event more succesful at spreading the good news of the FSM.

Send donations on Paypal to: threebeardturkey@aol.com

-Rob