Religious Discrimination

Published March 29th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Bryan Killian, a high school student in North Buncombe, North Carolina was suspended for coming to school dressed as a pirate.

But the disciplinary action has provoked controversy – because the student says that the ban violates his rights, as the pirate costume is part of his religion.

Read about it in the Metro or the Citizen-Times.

This story is blowing up and I’ve been having a lot of problems keeping the server running. It’s currently #1 on Digg and Reddit.

I’ll have some updates and more information about all this soon.

348 Responses to “Religious Discrimination”

1. Pasta tecum sit - may the Pasta be with you says:

Here’s another example of discrimination against the one true faith: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18372103/?GT1=9246
    It doesn’t say that she was a Pastafarian, but she was wearing a pirate hat and drinking, which is evidence enough for me.
    May you all be touched by His Noodly Appendage.

2. retards says:

Pasta tecum sit – may the Pasta be with you.
    Your really a dumb fuck.

3. retards says:

Pastafarian x
    Your a dumb fuck to a eye patch grabs attention a necklacedoesnt you fucking idoit.

4. Cat says:

I notice torture devices hung on chains espsecially when they’re the big shiny showy ones round the necks of self-righteous “I’ll pray for you” morons.

5. Ûž says:

Cat,
    Do they wear those torture devices to intimidate us?
    Are they saying “believe in my God or you’re getting some of this”?

6. Thanks! says:

Thanks from Spain!

I was an atheist but I think that I have found my religion! I loooove FSM!!!

^^

7. Cat says:

I reckon so! It’s obviously to show other people what they believe, or you wouldn’t wear them or it would be ok to wear small ones, or them under clothing for convenience. And yeah I reckon its a threat – “look at what we did to this guy – and we like him – imagine what might happen to you….”

8. Retards says:

Cat
    O ya so threatning a cross. O no my watches scare’s me. It says ” look im circuluar fear me mu-hahahahaha spend $100 dollars on me or ill kill you” *shudder*