mysterious sand formation resembles flying spaghetti monster

Published March 16th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Hi, Bobby. I’ve enjoyed your site, and appreciate your moral goal and Swiftian efforts.

While travelling in France I visited the Dune du Pyla, the highest sand dune in Europe. It was a beautiful place and walking the length of it was peaceful and meditative — all the more so when I drew, er, found this holy spot. (See photo.)

-David Baucom
-Charlotte, NC

dscf7709p50sm.jpg

135 Responses to “mysterious sand formation resembles flying spaghetti monster”

1. bill says:

Hi everyone
    Have you guys seen this?

2. Wench Nikkiee says:

Enya
    What came first…the chicken or the egg?

3. Wench Nikkiee says:

Enya
    “But I like anyone who doesn’t have more than 4 legs”
    hahahaha…hehehehe :))

4. Wench Nikkiee says:

@bill Mar 30th, 2007 at 11:59 am
    “Have you guys seen this?”
    Hi Bill :))
    Yeah…have seen that (think it was a Navigation Spider post where I first saw it….thanks Spider :) The issue seems to be quite the talk of the town at mo :)

5. Wench Nikkiee says:

Nice to meet you Enya :)) and welcome :)
    I’m Botany/Molec Bio…and it’s now 4.30am here…so I’ll leave you with this
    Ramen

6. Wench Nikkiee says:

@Enya Mar 30th, 2007 at 11:57 am
    “but usually the cats are more vengeful”
    Hahahahahahahahahahah
    Ships Cat…..hahahahahaha!
    Bed!

7. Alchemist says:

Enya – gotcha re. DVM – very different over here (UK). Most “Doctors” (medical) are Bachelors (MBBS or MBChB etc) as are vets and dentists. Different education system :)
    We tended to specialise post 16 (most folks take 3 -5 A’Levels from 16 to 18). That’s changing now! Maybe a good thing?
    I knew what I wanted to do at 16 – science – many don’t.
    A more general education makes sense?
    When I was at school we had to take;
    languages (I did English, French (compulsory), Latin and English Lit)
    Humanities (History and Geography)
    Science (maths, physics, chemistry and biology);
    and art subject was music :)
    (I got an F in one (the rest were pretty good:)) – have a guess which one? – clue – I wasn’t remotely interested – now I am)
    Suddenly we specialise – the jump from O’Level (I was one of the last years to take them) to A’Level was enormous) Most was based upon exam results as well (love exams – can do sweet F all for ages and then just cram – suited me down to the ground :))
    Four legs good – two legs bad!

8. Enya says:

Actually studied in Germany, so I have no idea what you are talking about :D different system, too. But I think earlier specializing like in Austria isn’t that bad. I was always quite sure what I wanted to do.