Controversial Origins

Published March 1st, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

opinion0101.jpg

The UC San Diego’s The Guardian has a good article on the Intelligent Design movement / controversy.

Intelligent design assumes that the world is so complex, that it is so statistically unlikely for humans to have formed, that God or some other higher power must have designed it. Even assuming that the two ideas are equally valid explanations of the world, evolution does not require the additional belief, a massive leap of faith, in a mystical higher power in its explanation. However, intelligent design suffers from an utter lack of positive evidence in its favor and thus is as valid of a scientific theory as the notion that a Flying Spaghetti Monster, the subject of a well-known satire of intelligent design, created the world.

Link to the article.

142 Responses to “Controversial Origins”

1. Wench Beth says:

Pixel Pop, it’s a good thing you’re back. The wenches were starting to get worried ;)

2. Rowdy Wench says:

@ Wench Beth – It’s terribly difficult some days to walk away from this site! I’m a green belt in Kenpo Karate. Busted my ass to get it too! What do you do?

3. Tagliatellius says:

I’m a black belt in origami.

4. Wench Beth says:

Very impressive, Rowdy Wench! I bow down to you :) I need a bodyguard now that my best pal’s in a cast for six weeks — want the job? (ha ha)
    I’m a professional musician who is doing something completely different at the moment — working as a full time kitty nurse! (I guess I can sing and play to the cats and combine both skills ;)

5. Pixel Pop says:

@Alchemist
    Have you seen Petey at all?
    @Rowdy Wench
    I always come back to my wenches ;)
    @Wench Beth
    My bad, didn’t mean to make you worry!
    RAmen

6. Pixel Pop says:

@Rowdy Wench
    I fight Chuck Norris style. I use my shear awesomeness to beat people up ;)
    RAmen

7. Alchemist says:

@ Rowdy Wench – I think we should take it in turns to send hate mail to Bobby. We need at least four new threads a week! Just look at he size of some of them! 1200+ by jeebus!
    Doesn’t really matter what the subject is, well soon divert it :)
    Either that or leave prayer requests at any site gullible enough :)

8. Alchemist says:

@ Pixel.
    No. Sorry mate. He’s not talking to me again after I sided with Batman! Sorry.