Blackbeard’s ship to be excavated

Published March 3rd, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

20070303082209990007.jpg

A shipwreck off the North Carolina coast believed to be that of notorious pirate Blackbeard could be fully excavated in three years.

Read about it here.

175 Responses to “Blackbeard’s ship to be excavated”

1. The Antipodean Wench says:

specifically @ alche.
    (In an epiphany of genuine philanthropism, TAW realizing the shortage of lizards in tykeland gathers up all the scurrying skinks, replete with buttons, in her back garden and wraps them lovingly in her tin-foil hat. Places package in Tupperware container (where is the **** lid…) and dispatches them, snail mail to Alche.)
    I inquired about skink mail but was met with blank stares and then a string of rather acrimonious invective, Polish I think? It appeared the postmistress was having less than a perfect day, silly old cow. I bet she is single-handedly destabilizing the tropospheric ozone from behind that counter as we speak; certainly that resonant rumbling wasn’t from the air-conditioning unit!
    TAW, aka
    ‘The Very Right Honourable and Philanthropic Peat Dwelling Colleen; founding member of the Institute against Compulsive, Oedematous Narcissism….
    Feel free to address me as ICON.
    Ach! let’s ‘ave another wee bevy, eh?

2. The Antipodean Wench says:

Greetings….Paladin!

3. Booty says:

Hey – DPG – you missed off Yorkshire – Alchemist will be upset!
    For those of you struggling with stupid clients, have you seen the website Clientcopia? Very funny for those of you with technologically challenged clients – Sherlock finds it hilarious.
    Enjoy – I have to go back to work :(

4. Booty says:

just checked and it is just http://www.clientcopia.com
    Hope you like it!

5. Storm Petrel says:

I really need to stop going away for a few days at a time, damn projects, since TAW asked, I’m doing aeronautical eng, so if you suddenly develop a fear of flying in a few years…

6. The Antipodean Wench says:

@storm… lol….and let that be a lesson to you!
    Fear of flying? Forgive the ingenue in me but isn’t that why they serve a never ending supply of alcohol on flights, or could there be another, less transparent reason? Just keep me posted on which particular aircraft you’ve had some input , however insignificant this may seem at the time. Serial numbers and all identifying marks, please.
    Little requirement for the bunson burner then? What a drag but trust your eyebrows will be eternally grateful. :)

7. Storm Petrel says:

I have promised pretty much everyone who knows me here to put a easily visible identifying mark on any plane I have a hand in designing, haven’t decided on it yet though, but when I do, I’ll be sure to warn you ;>
    A group of us were flying from Cork to Luton a couple of years ago and one of the guys was afraid of flying, it being a short flight, he went over sober, on the way back we were all in the bar for a while before the flight…he was drunk before we got on the plane and then wanted a window seat so he could see everything, but got on too late for that.

8. The Antipodean Wench says:

@storm

“Soooo he sat beside one of the other girls who was beside a window seat, and kept jumping around trying to look out, I was the other side of him and thought it was hilarious, she didn’t find it quite so amusing.”
    I really can’t understand why? One more indication of another dispossessed of their sense of humour! Who took all the smiles away? lol