Blackbeard’s ship to be excavated

Published March 3rd, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

20070303082209990007.jpg

A shipwreck off the North Carolina coast believed to be that of notorious pirate Blackbeard could be fully excavated in three years.

Read about it here.

175 Responses to “Blackbeard’s ship to be excavated”

1. jjk says:

This is just at the same time as the discovery of the bones of Jesus family. Coincidence, I think NOT !!!

2. Tina says:

Oh my FSM! I do sooo agree with jjk!! I was going to post that story but someone beat me to it.

3. Eggy says:

maybe there will be proof that blackbeard was not an “evil villain” but a real pirate, a pastafarian, who gave sweets to children. isnt it horrible when your memory is tarnished.

@jjk EXACTLY!!!! it is the time of rekoning! God vs FSM. any bets? our god has PIRATES :D:D:D

4. daqq says:

@Eggy:EXACTLY!!!! it is the time of rekoning! God vs FSM. any bets? our god has PIRATES :D:D:D

And theirs has loonies! Unfortunately it would not be a fair bet. Whereas FSM exists, their god doesn’t. So it wouldn’t be much of a fight, now would it?

5. Iron Mike says:

Yes! Just another sign that the FSM is true.

Believe and be saved to avoid eternal separation from Pasta, Beer, and Strippers.

rAmen

6. Jean Bart says:

All Bobby has to do now is to claim the ship for the FSM Disciples. Part of the crew has already been suggested, but that’s still too confidential for the main page. OK, a hint: Wench Beth will be asked for the position of cook (her reputation in the chocolate cupcakes did that), and DPG for that in the crow’s nest. It’s a shame it’s not a galley: some people deserve a rowing position due to they pursuit of a being called god. And there was already a Pirate ready to beat the drums to keep them in tempo!

7. Nick the Missionary says:

Ha Ha Ha! ECU represents on venganza once again! My university (ironically we are pirates as well) must have been truly blessed by his appendages! When I was an undergrad my archaeology field school got to check out many of the artifacts pulled from the Queen Annes Revenge site. Pretty cool stuff! Some of the artifacts are housed just a couple of miles from where I sit now. I almost went into the program that is conducting the dig, until I realized that underwater archaeology is a real bitch.

8. pirate tim says:

is the spagetti monster helping the excavation?