Blackbeard’s ship to be excavated

Published March 3rd, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

20070303082209990007.jpg

A shipwreck off the North Carolina coast believed to be that of notorious pirate Blackbeard could be fully excavated in three years.

Read about it here.

175 Responses to “Blackbeard’s ship to be excavated”

1 16 17 18 19 20 22
  1. The Antipodean Wench says:

oops …replace ‘walks’ with, ‘sashays seductively in thigh-high, red patent leather boots,’……you want chaps with that? (hehe…speaks volumes of the level of interest I have in this essay.)
    colleen o’ t’ peat bog….spreading the s**t (word…)

2. Rowdy Wench says:

@ The Antipodean Wench – My hubby has similar computer support stories! Welcome to the site…have seen that you’ve made some posts but haven’t had a chance to properly welcome you…oh yeah, one thing you’ll figure out is that most of us drink a fair amount, hence the hilarity of this post because I’m not that coherent any more! :)

3. The Antipodean Wench says:

lol @ Rowdy….if you read my earlier posts it might enlighten you as to my preference for the odd snort ;) . Thank you for the welcome. Wish I could join you and descend with aplomb to your level of coherency. Alas, it’s 3pm here on a Tuesday afternoon (though not always a cause for concern as it’s always 6pm somewhere) but I am struggling through an essay on international law….(sigh.) On second thoughts, maybe a wee tipple right about now……
    onwards and upwards! Cheers :))

4. Wench Nikkiee says:

You people are deliberately teasing me *sulk*
    Another Aussie Wench

5. The Antipodean Wench says:

@Wench Nikkiee….never fear, we seem to be allowing a profusion of foreign brides into the country, few questions asked. Where there’s a will….. :)

6. Wench Nikkiee says:

Indeed good Wench…there are a noticeable number of such in my area. I believe Russia has become quite popular in recent years…

7. Wench Nikkiee says:

Mind you I’m not up speed on the latest trends.

8. Wench Nikkiee says:

Wish the pub wasn’t so far away :(
    Wish you and Rowdy would tone down your references to alcohol
    Wish…..