mouse neurons, the expanding universe, and the fsm

Published January 19th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

The New York Times has published a graphic which compares the strangely-similar image of mouse neurons, only micrometers wide, to an image of our expanding universe, billions of light years across. There is an obvious noodle-and-meatballs-like pattern to each, suggesting underlying intelligent design, which comes as no surprise to Pastafarians.
neurons.jpg

Link to the NYTimes graphic.

111 Responses to “mouse neurons, the expanding universe, and the fsm”

1. Pixel Pete says:

@Christie Yar
    Pirates aargh sexy!
    RAmen

2. Alchemist says:

Dread Wench L’TUAE Jan 23rd, 2007 at 4:26 pm and Teddy.
    One of the best series out! As soon as Commander Wooden aka Valen took a back seat and John Sherridan took over that is. I’ve got the box set. I thought Marcus was hilarious. Even the meaning behind it! Have you ever read any Michael Moorcock? The Eternal Champion? Chaos, Law and the Balance. It reminded me of that!
    Some seriously good taste here!

3. Thumper Rampant says:

Dread Wench L’TUAE Jan 23rd, 2007 at 4:26 pm

@Teddy-”We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out.
    :Delenn, B5″
    Great quote! Great show! Awesomeness abounds!
    How lame does it get…Fucking Losers.

4. Alchemist says:

Hey, Thumper Rampant. It’s a classic. I’ve still got my Mimbari fighting pole! Ok, so it might be sold as an asp but I know better :)

5. Teddy says:

@Thumper Rampant
    Are you referring to season 5 (although there are some great quotes) / crusade. Or have you never actually watched the show? If the latter is the case, your views would be more welcome in a church than here, we except that others like different things to ourselves.
    I’m off for a quick MacBari’s, “it tastes so great going down. Coming up again it’s not so terrific, but–”

6. Beastly Rich says:

I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.

7. Teddy says:

Babylon 5, Sci-Fi TV series. Virtual an enormous movie split into episodes. Very well thought out.
    (not B5 but interesting, shame the good people are nearly all actors. Their’s more to life than TV. But meh!)

8. Fr. Corpus Callosum says:

@Homo narrans:
    ‘the similarity of patterns at different scales are merely further evidence of mighty FSM’s existnce, as we can see here. you know what else is suspiciously noodly? fractals. anyone look at the Mandelbrot set and tell me it is anything other than the finger(noodle?)print of FSM.’
    I couldn’t agree more. The first time I saw a Mandelbrot set I thought of it as a cartoon of the universe. Now I think of it as a cartoon of his noodly appendages and therefore a cartoon of the universe.
    RAmen