mouse neurons, the expanding universe, and the fsm

Published January 19th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

The New York Times has published a graphic which compares the strangely-similar image of mouse neurons, only micrometers wide, to an image of our expanding universe, billions of light years across. There is an obvious noodle-and-meatballs-like pattern to each, suggesting underlying intelligent design, which comes as no surprise to Pastafarians.
neurons.jpg

Link to the NYTimes graphic.

111 Responses to “mouse neurons, the expanding universe, and the fsm”

1 8 9 10 11 12 14
  1. Marc McOar says:

Yes I am. And I am quite ticked that I am still sitting here, member in hand, without any pics. Quite ticked.
    Oh, and I do think that Thupmer is fitting. Fred Thupmer, CPA. Round, slightly balding, hairy back.

2. Johnny Corvette says:

Well I am glad to see the dialog has taken a turn for the worse.

3. Teddy says:

I use V or v, can’t remember which.
    Laughed ’til I cried. Only ‘cos I’ve been pondering the same question for a couple of days.
    Thank you.
    We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out.
    :Delenn, B5

4. Peter Popoff says:

Johnny Corvette Jan 22nd, 2007 at 5:38 pm

Well I am glad to see the dialog has taken a turn for the worse.
    I’m glad you can see that Johnny, I’m happy for you.
    Ramen

5. Johnny Corvette says:

@PP
    what the hell is your problem.

6. Peter Popoff says:

Johnny Corvette Jan 22nd, 2007 at 6:53 pm

@PP
    what the hell is your problem.
    Huh?

7. Thumper says:

@Johnny C.
    Don’t sweat it Johnny. PP and Marc are self medicating again which leads to interesting posts given that neither of them are the sharpest tools in the shed to start with. If you wind PP up enough he’ll lose the plot and threaten to “kick your ass”…is terribly amusing…if you’ve nothing better to do I throughly recommend it…but then again I’m a Troll and that’s what Trolls do.

8. Pixel Pete says:

@Teddy Jan 22 at 5:56 pm
    You quoted me without saying that that was a quote from me! Gasp how dare you.
    @Thumper
    Peter’s never threatened to bludgeon my anus, if that’s what you’re trying to get at. And the only thing that you’ve said that I completely agree with is this: “I’m a troll”, that’s it that quote is beautiful!
    @Peter and Alchemist
    Evenin’ gents, care to fill me in on what’s goin’ on, had homework to do :(
    RAmen