In praise of an alternate creation theory

Published January 7th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

logo_torontostar.gif

Leslie Scrivener has written an excellent article, In praise of an alternate creation theory, in the Toronto Star.

From the department of one scientific theory is as good as another, comes the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The theory goes like this: the Earth and all living things were created by a Supreme Being, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and though there are no witnesses to creation, there are written accounts of it.

In time, men and women heard of the spaghetti monster and came to worship him. And as the word spread, a gospel was written and churches were established in his name.

And artists, inspired by his word, drew his image – a tangled mass of pasta, with two generous meatballs, and googly eyes protruding from stalks.

Since the Flying Spaghetti Monster was revealed in 2005, millions have seen his image or read about him and his teachings, on the Internet site www.venganza.org and also in a book published last year, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Read the article HERE.

250 Responses to “In praise of an alternate creation theory”

1. The atheist revolutionary says:

FSM saved me from being misguided by evolution

2. Shinysheep says:

Ah.

I love this article.

As i get the Toronto Star, I clipped it out. It now resides in my copy of the gospel. I intend to use it for a art project. Our teacher wants us to bring in a newspaper article, and do something with the topic of said arrticle, and our creativitity.

The FSM has blessed me. I may do art in his honour, and get marks!

RAmen.

3. Leporidae says:

@Shinysheep Go with God Shinysheep. Not some stupid fucking monster that doesn’t even exsist.

4. Pixel Pete says:

@Leporidae
    You’re not Penne I can tell that much. Are you thelaughingman or maybe the FSM sent me a real gift and you’re mr. frodo. Lemme know whichi one!
    RAmen

5. N. E. Otherguy says:

Where can I find more on the FSM vs SPAM “feud” or the FSM vs IPU “feud”

RAmen

6. Jingles says:

Probably the forums… (take a look around the tool bar up the top, i think the link is in worship)

7. Leporidae says:

@Leporidae (impersonator troll) Jan 23rd, 2007 at 7:31 pm
    Not mine. Not even a good impersonation. Sad child!

8. Xanax detox adipex diet pill. says:

Xanax detox adipex diet pill….

Xanax detox adipex diet pill….