In praise of an alternate creation theory

Published January 7th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

logo_torontostar.gif

Leslie Scrivener has written an excellent article, In praise of an alternate creation theory, in the Toronto Star.

From the department of one scientific theory is as good as another, comes the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The theory goes like this: the Earth and all living things were created by a Supreme Being, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and though there are no witnesses to creation, there are written accounts of it.

In time, men and women heard of the spaghetti monster and came to worship him. And as the word spread, a gospel was written and churches were established in his name.

And artists, inspired by his word, drew his image – a tangled mass of pasta, with two generous meatballs, and googly eyes protruding from stalks.

Since the Flying Spaghetti Monster was revealed in 2005, millions have seen his image or read about him and his teachings, on the Internet site www.venganza.org and also in a book published last year, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Read the article HERE.

249 Responses to “In praise of an alternate creation theory”

1. Alchemist says:

Ahhh R-OM. Transubstantiation. You’ve got to love it!

2. pb says:

Hi Peter

ref the half evolved feathers… in fact it is you who have opted out of the debate…

I have several times asked if you would comment on Dr Fedducia’s refutation of these fossils but you dont seem to have addressed this point, last time I checked.

Nikki/Tom/Molecular biologist/etc/etc

BTW, if you have a look on BBC, you will notice I have always been a solo voice. It really doesnt matter whether everyone else abandons me or not. “Let God be true and every man a liar”.

And anyway it seems I have been virtually on my own on the BBC McIntosh threat for quite a while now.

I still dont understand why you guys are getting so hostile about all this… I dont take any of it personally and have no grudges against any of you.

I believe in free speech and thought – yours AND mine…

Bless your noodles

PB

3. Noodlicous says:

“Is it really open and transparent to keep admitting you manufacture artificial identities on BBC blog, (as you admit above) in order to oppose me???”
    Hahahahahaha You still don’t get it do you pb?
    Just like everything else!
    How are you going with trying to convince everyone that scientists are trying to convert you. Hahahahahahaha

4. Noodlicous says:

“I still dont understand why you guys are getting so hostile about all this”
    Hostile???
    Hahahahaha

5. Trevor says:

Oh poor pb
    Here’s a hint.
    Check the dates on your earlier ” big science conspiracy” posts over at BBC, then check the dates on the Pastafaia promotion posts on the same forum.Check the dates on the above posts.
    RAmen

6. Noodlicous says:

Trevor!!
    You party pooper :(

7. Pastafarian #5 says:

Aww…and I thought everything that was said here was private and hidden from prying eyes. ;)

8. Storm Petrel says:

@ pb,
    One of the pastafarians on the ‘fringe religion’ thread is a biology lecturer, Dana, I think, if you still don’t have the basics of evolution, maybe you should go talk to her