In praise of an alternate creation theory

Published January 7th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

logo_torontostar.gif

Leslie Scrivener has written an excellent article, In praise of an alternate creation theory, in the Toronto Star.

From the department of one scientific theory is as good as another, comes the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The theory goes like this: the Earth and all living things were created by a Supreme Being, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and though there are no witnesses to creation, there are written accounts of it.

In time, men and women heard of the spaghetti monster and came to worship him. And as the word spread, a gospel was written and churches were established in his name.

And artists, inspired by his word, drew his image – a tangled mass of pasta, with two generous meatballs, and googly eyes protruding from stalks.

Since the Flying Spaghetti Monster was revealed in 2005, millions have seen his image or read about him and his teachings, on the Internet site www.venganza.org and also in a book published last year, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Read the article HERE.

250 Responses to “In praise of an alternate creation theory”

1 26 27 28 29 30 32
  1. Alchemist says:

Hahaha – but nurse, it hurts when I pee? Stop peeing on the cat then!
    BTW joined with the photo thing. I’ve not uploaded any yet but will do later on today or tomorrow. Is there a file size limit? I know they’ll probably have that in the FAQs but can’t be bothered reading them (now there’s a surprise).

2. Booty says:

There is a download limit for the free account, it is quite a lot if you download fairly small images, and when you get to 200 images they start archiving the old ones, but if you are using it regularly I would recommend a paid account – it is really cheap and we get huge amounts of use out of ours :)
    Glad you have joined up, we really like it, it’s lots of fun, and helps with the fact all our friends are such a long way away.
    I won’t ask why anybody would want to pee on a cat…..to get their own back maybe….

3. Alchemist says:

Booty – the cat thing is an old family joke – my dad, seriously, knew someone called Claude Balls. He knew a Senior Reg. called Dr De’ Ath too.
    I really meant the image size – all of my jpegs are 3 – 4 meg each. I suppose I’ll have to compress them?

4. Booty says:

Erm, dunno!
    We used to make the images smaller, but I don’t know how much to be honest – my husband does all the technical stuff!
    Sorry, not much help am I?

5. Booty says:

If I suddenly disappear in a bit I have gone to bed – we kind of got a bit carried away last night and didn’t get to sleep until goodness knows when – we are both nodding off big time here!

6. Alchemist says:

No worry Booty. I’ll read the site info. Just being lazy:)

7. Booty says:

It’s no use – I can’t keep my eyes open – I’m for bed.
    Catch you tomorrow.
    ‘Night!

8. Beastly Rich says:

photos? where are they?
    I need to find a good image hosting site that’ll keep all my photos together. At the moment they’re all over photobucket.

1 26 27 28 29 30 32