FSM candy

Published January 22nd, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Has anyone else seen this?

haribo300.jpg

Haribo Sour S’ghetti Gummi Candy. The package clearly depicts the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Here’s what I’m wondering: Is the company using the FSM as sort of a celebrity spokesman for their product, or is it a subtle anti-pastafarian message? What I mean is, how many products do you see with an illustration of Jesus being impaled by a fork? I get it that spaghetti is sort of associated with forks, but this illustration is of a spaghetti monster, with eyes and everything. So what is the deal, Haribo?

Close-up of the impaling:

haribo_sm.jpg

Blogger Charles Star at Stay Free Magazine had a different interpretation:

I think what I like most about this FSM illustration is the religious symbolism. While the religious right tries, a la Kramer, to stick a fork in His Noodliness for his heretical existence, he extends a middle finger at those who would undermine science in education.

Ramen.

52 Responses to “FSM candy”

1. Dread Wench L'TUAE says:

@Pirate Fish- you poor thing! Isn’t there a cure?

2. Gnocci Man says:

@Gomer
    “HELP!
    what is Hendersons email adress?
    I need it to further the cause.
    please hlp me”
    I noticed that “hlp” looks distinctly like “hip”, so I have taken it as divine providence that I must gansterify you request. My meager skills are accentuated by my lack of experience in gangsterifying, but I must take this task nonetheless!
    Yo ma homies, yu thank ya kan help dis fizzin’ gansta!
    I’s would very much like ta get yo Henderob’s mailin’ box?
    I dont wanna whine, but ta make da cause strong i gotta say my slice.
    Please hippify this, yo!
    Not much good, I know, but the best I could do.
    RAmen

3. Marc McOar says:

Gnocci, I didn’t know you spoke Jive!

4. Pasta Riot says:

FSM be praised! He has sent us a message of light!

5. eye witness says:

More pretenders?
    Church of the Flying Spaghetti O’s – Heresy?
    “The FSO’s as they call themselves adhere to all the basic elements of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster with one crucial distinction. They believe that the Spaghetti Monster has come to earth to be eaten and absolve humans of their sins and restore the balance of pirates worldwide. His earthly form? Canned Spahetti O’s.”
    “Only those who have partaken the sauce of the Spaghetti O will know the glories of heaven. Those who do not accept the O will wait until judgement day when the final supper will decide the fate of the earth.” states the Apostle of O, Circadian Spinolli who also serves as VP of Marketing at Campbell’s Soup.”

6. eye witness says:

And from the same site”
    “Top 10 reasons people convert to the Flying Spaghetti Monster from the Church of the Subgenius”

7. lyngvi says:

“Take this, all of you, and eat it. This is my body…”
    Ramen.

8. Lolli Popoff says:

lyngvi Feb 2nd, 2007 at 4:32 pm

“Take this, all of you, and eat it. This is my body…”
    Ramen.