FSM candy

Published January 22nd, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Has anyone else seen this?

haribo300.jpg

Haribo Sour S’ghetti Gummi Candy. The package clearly depicts the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Here’s what I’m wondering: Is the company using the FSM as sort of a celebrity spokesman for their product, or is it a subtle anti-pastafarian message? What I mean is, how many products do you see with an illustration of Jesus being impaled by a fork? I get it that spaghetti is sort of associated with forks, but this illustration is of a spaghetti monster, with eyes and everything. So what is the deal, Haribo?

Close-up of the impaling:

haribo_sm.jpg

Blogger Charles Star at Stay Free Magazine had a different interpretation:

I think what I like most about this FSM illustration is the religious symbolism. While the religious right tries, a la Kramer, to stick a fork in His Noodliness for his heretical existence, he extends a middle finger at those who would undermine science in education.

Ramen.

52 Responses to “FSM candy”

1 2 3 7
  1. Beastly Rich says:

That’s funny!

2. Johnny Corvette says:

They have insulted the sensibilities of thousands of Pastafarians world wide. Let the car burning begin. Yar.

3. Thumper says:

@Johnny C
    No…they’ll see it as a sign of “noodley goodness” or some such guff and simply meander about making pirate noises.

4. Marc McOar says:

Those pirate noises were once lunch. *urp*

5. Nick the Missionary says:

Yeah there was a thread in the forums about that a few months ago. Rather heretical, yet I do love that it looks like he’s giving us the finger. Also, if your going to childishly shorten the word spaghetti, I prefer “psscetti”. Thats how most kids pronounce it. And c’mon wheres the meatballs.

6. Jean Bart says:

When a phenomenom like FSM gets THIS popular, sooner or later it HAS to be confronted with counterfeit and plagiarism. And no need to argue that “Haribo Sour S’ghetti Gummi Candy” probably existed before our propeht spread the word: we all know by now (well, except the Thumpy character, of course) that FSM can make things appear older or younger than they are. RAmen!

7. Jean Bart says:

What is a “propeht”, the Thumpy character might ask. Well, it’s an typo for “prophet”. Aaaargh!

8. God? Pasta? what has more letters? says:

I feel that this is acctually depicting the “crucifiction” of our noodlyness. He unlike Jesus or God takes his “death” as a sort of initiation into religiondom as he is crucified like Jesus even mimicing the whole poked with a spear thing (the fork)

1 2 3 7