fsm crashes Flock of Dodos screening

Published January 20th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

I had to write you and tell you about the event we had here at my university (East Carolina University) last night. We had a screening of the new hit documentary “Flock of Dodos: The Intelligent Design / Evolution Circus” by Harvard-trained biologist-turned-filmmaker Randy Olson. Afterwards, there was a panel discussion that included Randy Olson, and faculty from biology, anthropology, geology(UNCW), and religios studies. Obviously, I felt that it was my duty to show up in full pirate regalia and hand out some propaganda.

It went really great! Our 750 seat theater was packed to the hilt. I met many fellow pastafarians, and think I converted quite a few more. When I asked an FSM based question of the panel, it was met with numerous rounds of applause and laughter. Afterwards some of the panelists, students, and faculty all went out for a beer. I countinued my evangelizing at the bar, and think I made a few more converts. I have to say that it was a great day for FSM!

I am attaching photos of my costume and me handing out brochures. Theres a photo with Randy Olson, our moderator Dr. Joe Luczkovich, and myself. Finally, I am including a photo of a random drunk girl molesting our noodly creator in a less than holy manner (I think he actually enjoyed it!)

The film was really great and hilarious. I definitely think pastafarians will enjoy it! The trailer can be viewed here: http://www.flockofdodos.com/ and you can see if there will be a screening near you. There will be screenings all over the country in the next month for Darwin Day. I would definitely reccomend everyone try and make it out to a screening, and don’t forget your pirate regalia!

Thanks Again,
Nick Jones

100_2988.jpg 100_2989.jpg 100_2993.jpg

100_2998.jpg 100_3006.jpg

846 Responses to “fsm crashes Flock of Dodos screening”

1 2 3 106
  1. Mariner says:

Praise be upon you brother Nick. You have truly been blessed by His Noodly Appendage.
    RAmen

2. Booty says:

Yay! Well done Nick!
    Thank for the link – any idea if this is coming to the UK?

3. Captain Noodulous Silicate TBHNA says:

Arrr avast ye matey. Great work for his noodliness.
    [Doffs Pirate hat and bows very low making flourish with hand*]

Also, the shoulder mounted FSM is absolutely fantastic.

Long may his noodly appendage touch you.

RAmen.

* – why isn’t there an emoticon for that?

4. Eggy says:

it seems you had a quick shave fellow pastafarian. In the first picture you have a modest moustache but in the fourth you have but a goatee. Maybe you were helped along the way with some grog?

RAmen

@booty: WOO! another british pastafarian! avast there, whence be thou coming from? England or Wales or Scotland or Ireland. avast!

5. Pixel Pete says:

Your yurt spreads goodness across the land, brother! The FSM will surely grant you a larger cup to drink your beer from in the afterlife!
    RAmen
    @Eggy
    You’re right!(for whatever it’s worth)
    RAmen
    May the FSM bring you an abundance of loot and may all your yurts stay warm in the winter(brr! they can get cold!)
    (that is the coolest signature) For all of you who don’t know what a yurt is, here’s this friendly link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yurt
    Go to it, and while I’m at the linking biz here’s Google Mongolia: http://www.google.mn
    I know, I don’t get me either, oh well, feel free to be creeped out!(most people are)

6. Third Eye Patch says:

Excelent work!!! I hope to be doing the same when this movie comes to my town!

7. Captain Noodulous Silicate TBHNA says:

Eggy,

His noodles have touched many in this small island.
    I hail from britain.
    The great seafarin nation we are has always created the finest pirates (Yaar, Yaar).

8. Redbeard says:

Excellent work spreading his noodliness message,just one minor suggestion mattey..the holy robes are a religious outfit and not a costume with all due respect.RAmen

1 2 3 106