about the pirate ship

Published January 25th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Hey, so rather than get an ordinary yacht to sail around the world
spreading the FSM faith, why not something a little more pirate-like.
I was in Bonaire with my family and this Junk was docked there and
seemed sufficiently pirate-like for you.

–Dan

pirate_ship1.jpg

I like it.  Let’s brainstorm fundraising ideas.  Also, we’ll need to figure out how ship-time will be organized.  Ideas/Volunteers?

183 Responses to “about the pirate ship”

1 17 18 19 20 21 23
  1. DreadPirateBen says:

Hm, drunk pastafarians distilling rum on board a boat which might be flammable in the middle of the ocean… sounds good!

2. Lolli Popoff says:

DreadPirateBen Feb 8th, 2007 at 5:15 pm

Darn tootin’ it’ll be fun!
    #2

3. Violadude says:

Hang on a second, I know a place where we can get a pirate ship AND rum… the caribbean! Theres also really nice people and tis good for sunbathing! Arr!
    RAmen!

4. Yoru Kaze says:

id rather be a ninja
    or at least a ninja with a parot ooohhhhh and a neat hat

5. DreadPirateBen says:

@ Yoru Kaze

But thats kind of what pirates are- they wear black, they have swords, they disguise themselves sometimes. But pirates are more fun than ninja’s, with ninja’s theres the whole working for someone else thing, they dont drink rum, and they dont sunbath (good call Violadude) while working off a hangover. But if you want to, I dont see why a ninja with a neat hat and parrot wouldnt be considered a pirate. I’ve done some security work, and we needed a theme song but no-one wanted to carry around a boombox… so, I say we need to rig up the ship with a PA system to blare Flogging Molly, Jimmy Buffett, and other select piraty composers. How bout it? Arrrggghhh!

6. Gomer says:

We need to get serious about this ship of ours. We need to contact Discovery or Fox or somewhere about a show where people build reallly cool things from legendary myths or futuristic stories. We pitch the idea, then suggest the first thing the team builds is a pirate ship. It should be huge and capable of amazing speeds for sailing. It will need cannons, a poop deck, classic rigging set up, and all of that jazz. We suggest a bottom deck next to the cabins that has barrels full of grog. We come up with the idea, and get copyright over it. We sell the rights to the producers on one condition. We keep the ship once it is done. After they make a badass ship, they will build all sorts of other stuff. Imagine Mythbusters with bigger budget and no limits. Once they are done making the stuff, they give it away to people who can legally use it. This is my idea, and through it we get a ship and a cool TV show to watch.
    Mr. Henderson, if you read this, i hope you contact my email. I would gladly write up a proposal for the networks if I can man one of the cannons.

7. Gomer says: