The Wall of Separation

Published December 29th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

amerunited.jpg

From Americans United:

Falwell’s Flub: Jerry-Rigged Policy Opens Door For Pagan Proselytizing In Virginia Public School

A group of Pagans in Albemarle County, Va., was recently given permission to advertise their multi-cultural holiday program to public school children – and they have the Rev. Jerry Falwell to thank for it.

Read the article HERE

333 Responses to “The Wall of Separation”

1. Captain Noodulous Silicate TBHNA says:

@DutchPastaGuy Jan 13th, 2007 at 9:24 am

I don’t want to gross you out but #1 doesn’t have a cat.
    He had a dog but it went swimming in the shark tank!

I don’t what #1 is stroking in his lap when you visit him, but when I go and see him, he’s just in a business suit.

2. Booty says:

Well, it was obviously a euphemism – “he was stroking his cat”!

3. Captain Noodulous Silicate TBHNA says:

Alchemist,

I’ve no idea what you’re talking about! What does gibbous mean?
    The rest of the post is fine. MWAHAHAHA!

I once saw a list entitled something like “When I’m an evil genius.”

Including bits like – I’ll send all my henchmen on extra shooting practice so that 10 of them are at least able to hit an protected man from 20ft with machin guns.

I won’t explain how I can be defeated before putting my nemesis in some hair-brained contraption protected by only two incompitent guards who haven’t been on shooting practice.

etc.

4. Booty says:

Gibbous is a stage of the moon – almost full I think.
    Have you heard the Star Wars Health and Safety speech as well?
    “Hand rails needed on high walkways, deadly creature to be removed from garbage shute..”

5. Captain Noodulous Silicate TBHNA says:

Note to self,

Learn to spell Incompetent before next using it at a creationist.

6. Homo narrans says:

@Booty: not to be too much of a star wars geek, but i think the dianoga served a particular purpose in the garbage ‘chute: it’s silicone-based metabolism allowed it to digest inorganic compounds which invariably made their way into the death star’s waste disposal system. it’s also good for eating pesky heroes who find their way onto your battle station (in theory).
    time to go beat myself over the head with my old star wars books just for being enough of a nerd to remember that.

7. Booty says:

LOL Homo narrans!
    You are indeed a Star Wars geek – but it was only done as a piss take – I obviously didn’t make that clear!

8. Dread Wench L'TUAE says:

One of my favorites from the Evil Overlord list:
    I will not fly into a rage and kill a messenger who brings me bad news just to demonstrate how evil I am. Loyal service should be rewarded… Which is how it becomes “loyal” service in the first place. And besides, honest messengers are hard to come by when you are in the Evil Overlord business.