The Wall of Separation

Published December 29th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

amerunited.jpg

From Americans United:

Falwell’s Flub: Jerry-Rigged Policy Opens Door For Pagan Proselytizing In Virginia Public School

A group of Pagans in Albemarle County, Va., was recently given permission to advertise their multi-cultural holiday program to public school children – and they have the Rev. Jerry Falwell to thank for it.

Read the article HERE

333 Responses to “The Wall of Separation”

1 2 3 42
  1. Wench Nikky says:

“Falwell opened the backpack forum, and the Pagans were determined to secure equal time.”
    Thanks Jerry Falwell and Liberty Counsel. :)

I’m sure the Noodley One will drop by Albemarle County, Va., at His first possible convenience.
    RAmen

2. Queen of Rock'n'Roll says:

I hope Virginia will now see the light and convert to Pastafarianism. Then again, that’s a pipe dream… !

3. DutchPastaGirl says:

I liked the last line: freedom of religion means freedom for all religions, even the ones you don’t like. But that is something no fundie is ever going to understand. Because for them it is NOT about freedom of religion but of pushing and celebrating THEIR religion, They should have the freedom, not those others.

4. Booty says:

Hahahahahahahahahaha!
    That one bit them in the arse didn’t it?
    Serves them right. I hope they enjoy their freedom of religion.
    Home schooling? Why not put them in a monastery now and have done with it?
    Why won’t Christians let their children grow up and think?

5. EgoN Halvax says:

To Booty

If the children get the right to think they may see the holes in religions and maybe they become atheist O_o Oh the horror of letting children deside there own beliefs without getting their parents belief shoved down there throat.
    Apologises for the awful spelling and grammatical failures, You see I am not att all good at spelling :P

6. DutchPastaGuy says:

Yep, Richard Dawkins often lamented the brainwashing parents are allowed to do on their children. As a depressing link, let me repeat the url to an article about home schooling in the US, where parents teach their own children and are allowed to fill their minds with just about any form of BS. I got this one from an earlier thread:

7. ContAltDel says:

Things can only get worse. Or maybe they already are – Park Rangers are not allowed to comment on the age of the Grand Canyon so creationists aren’t peeved.

In an not too unrelated item, certain cities in Utah will celebrate New Years Eve on Saturday so they can all make it to the 3-hour block of Sunday meetings.

I desperately need to get off this planet..

8. Queen of Rock'n'Roll says:

To ContAltDel… RAmen to that! (“I desperately need to get off this planet…”) I’ll go with you. Do you know of any flying pirate ships headed for Mars (or wherever) that have room for more swabbies?
    And is it really true about the park rangers in the Grand Canyon??!! If so, that is disgusting beyond belief.

1 2 3 42