Take a look

Published December 7th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

Take a look at some of the hate mail on this site…some people actually have said it ruined their lives because their friends have believed in this stuff, and yes in fact I do know a girl who told me about this, and yes, she does belive in this stuff, with all of her heart. I don’t think that you people take into consideration that not everyone is the brightest crayon in the box and people will believe in anything they’re told..it’s a fact of life. I mean…I’m all for fun and games and joking around…but there really is a point of taking it to far. I mean…come on…look at what you’re doing in your spare time…it kind of depresses me.

-Jacob

295 Responses to “Take a look”

1. NejiD says:

If you are unintelligent enough to lose a friend just because of her beliefs, you don’t deserve to be her friend. I could worship a dust particle as an almighty being and my friends would just sort of be like “Hm….that’s cool…”. No doubt you two had a falling out because of your sheer closed-mindedness. If she wants to believe that spaghetti made the universe, let her, because she obviously has no issues with you believing that some dude on a cloud did.

2. Jeromy says:

@Jacob
    The pastafarian belief that the FSM is invisible and omnipotent is no different than your beliefs.
    @Dr. Worm
    You are so wrong about the constitution! You say there is nothing in it about the separation of church and state, and yet it clearly states that the government shall make no law establishing religion. And this nation was most certainly not “founded on christianity” as you claim. This nation was founded on the basis of freedom of, and from, religion, founded for the very reason to escape the faulty logic of your claim that the nation was founded on chritianity! And our forefathers, the originators and authors of our constitution, surely DID write extensively about the need to keep the state separated from any church. Just because they did not put it verbatim into the constitution does not mean that they did not intend the constitution to represent this fact. Your incorrect assertions that the constitution does not call for separation of church and state, and that the nation was founded on chritianity, are examples of the very reason our nation was founded to begin with, to escape religious rationalizations that strive to dominate and control societies.

Avast! and Yarr! you zealous worshipers of a false god! Mend yer evil ways and feel the love of His Noodily Appendage. Midgets are real, giants never were! PROOF I tell yee…PROOF! (I’m winking under my eye patch)

Jeromy

3. Seth says:

Just be thankful that your friend was touched by his noodly appendage before falling into the trap of other, more dangerous belief systems. Being brainwashed into hatred is a far more distressing option than finding the Truth of the FSM.

4. Captain Noodulous Silicate TBHNA says:

Jacob,

We pastafarians have to accept that if there are people daft enough to believe the Christian mythology then clearly some people are going to be convinced by the CoFSM.

That is because CoFSM has more convincing arguments better (if flimsy) moral standards, beer (which we call grog) and babes (who we [often respectfully] call wenches) so almost by definition some people will be TBHNA and come over the one true faith.

Let’s face it, even the nice looking Christian wenches never put out – I should know – so you’re almost guaranteed to be wasting your time anyway.

RAmen.

5. Eddie says:

Yes, indeed. People will believe what they’re told. That’s why there’s so many unworthy Christians – I have to say mainly in the USA.
    “Hate the LGBT”, “no other religions are correct”…etc.
    People in North and South America started as Animists and now they’ve taken the whole relaxed, “alright” sort of Christianity from the majority of what we now call Europe and turned it into this savage indoctrinating way of life…Seriously we’d have all been better off if America had stayed Animist.

I can’t believe you waste your time arguing thoughts that are quite lacking of real analisis.

6. Dan says:

-Jacob

This reminds me of something:

*Guy gets born to legitamate parents(Mary and John(I think))*

*Guy claims he his the son of God, completely disowning his real father*

*Mary claims to be a virgin, though she has had a baby, also disowning John*

*People believe it*

Pastafarianism has more proof supporting it than any other religion. It’s also the safest religion. Not one person has died as a result of FSMism. This shows that the FSM cares more about his people than God does(if he exist, which he doesn’t)

Also, you shouldn’t disown a friend because they believe in something different than you. Thats the evil way of the Christian.

7. Peter Popoff says:

Well, except that Mary got knocked up before John married her. That is pretty well known. I can’t post in this thread though, these damn italics drive me nuts!

8. Bri says:

To all who have the unforutnateness to take this religion so seriously that it ruins lives, I wish a fine successful rehab.

RAmen