religious discrimination

Published December 17th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

I am a very loyal follower to the FSM and a very peaceful pastafarian. However, something has made me quite upset lately. I was telling my classmates about Him and all of His wonderful doings while of course while wearing my eye patch and a pirates jacket. You know the basics. I was doing this because of my religious beliefs, as that’s what the FSM wishes we do. You know of course that pirate garb is not an option. I was just about done when my teacher calls from her desk if my eye patch is a medical thing. I, being loyal stated that it was for my religious beliefs and it’s not an option for me. She again tells me to take it off and I again explain it to her. Then she says if I refuse once more then she would send me to the principles office. I was enraged! The school policy says that the school can’t do anything about religious beliefs or go between them. I couldn’t go to the principles office because he would call my mom and explain it. She hates Pastafarians like me. Instead of speaking out against my teacher, I grabbed my gospel of the FSM and went over and showed her how this is actually true. She took it as a joke and took my eye patch. That is the same as taking a Christians cross.

This needs to be addressed. People are unaware that we are a serious religion and take it as a joke.

I am asking you to help me get FSMism recognized in my Middle school. I don’t necessarily need a class, although that would be nice. Maybe just a FSM awareness lecture. -Jeffrey

I suggest a well-reasoned letter to the teacher, principal, superintendent, and your local ACLU. Explain that it’s not your intention to make a scene, only to carry out your constitutionally-guaranteed religious rights in a non-disruptive manner. Perhaps suggest that other religious tokens be banned as well, Christian crosses, Jewish yarmulkes, etc.

99 Responses to “religious discrimination”

1 2 3 13
  1. Jingles says:

How dare they!
    They disrespect the pirate code. If the logical, polite letter fails, buy yourself some PVC pipe, browse the net for the instructions to make a spud gun, make one, paint it black, and cover your school with ballistic spaghetti from your newfound righteous cannon.
    Or just threaten to sue. They’ll leave you alone after that.

2. Wench Nikkiee says:

‘Perhaps suggest that other religious tokens be banned as well, Christian crosses, Jewish yarmulkes, etc.’
    Definately. I find the hypocrisy of these bloody tunnel visioned nazis just overwhelming.
    Recruit as many others at your school to Pastafarianism as possible. Writing a letter is an excellent idea. Though I don’t know how that works out, as far as getting your Mum involved goes.
    RAmen and good luck.

3. Booty says:

How outrageous!
    Good for you for standing up for your beliefs.
    I hope they see the error of their ways – we are all behind you.
    If you want us to sign a petition I for one would be willing. :)

4. One Eyed Jack says:

I am more than a little bit offended at this. It just smacks of two-eyed favoritism! Where is this school? M’thinks this pirate need make a visit.
    So long as you confine your prostletizing to non-classroom hours, I see no basis for the school preventing you from wearing a coat and eye patch.
    Stay strong in your faith!
    Solidarity brother! Solidarity!

5. daqq says:

Blasphemy! How dare they!

Either ban ALL religious items(crosses, the things muslims wear and force their women to wear, eyepatches) or allow them…

6. AloneWithTheGospel says:

Outragious! Discracful! Pathetic!

That is the smae thing that happened to me! I wore an eye-patch to school and they made me take it off…it was so painful.

I too suggest writing a *very* lengthy letter to the school board. And, after you sue, feel free to celebrate Fridays of-school! Sadly, school boards deny celebration of Friday as a religous holiday. So, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go write a lengthy letter myself.

7. Jeff says:

Thank you for all of the ideas, im off to write a lengthy letter to either have our religeous items accepted, or have them all banned.

8. Fr. Corpus Callosum says:

That teacher is gonna be very sorry whe she has to go to the boring christian heaven and we get to laugh at her from our stripper factory.

1 2 3 13