NY Dolls and FSM

Published December 6th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

Dano Johnson, the animator of the NY Dolls video, which featured the Flying Spaghetti Monster, just let me know that their video “Dance Like a Monkey” won Best Music Video at the Bradford Animation Festival in the UK (their biggest animation fest). Congratulations!
The video, for those who missed it:

[youtube]fjVtJzTSuPw[/youtube]

29 Responses to “NY Dolls and FSM”

1. lab_rat says:

@PM…that was satire.
    This is a satire site, how can you not see that?

2. UU says:

@Booty
    I ordered the paperback copy of the Gospel. The cover is kind of dissapointing its just a white background with a picture of the Gospel. Did you order the hardback. I wonder if the hardback version is actually the Gospel, or is it the same?

3. St John the Blasphemist says:

I still wanna know what that line is:
    “Let ‘em fight it out in the supreme court
    That’s such a ??????? indoor sport.”
    @UU
    I have the hardcover & it looks like the picture of the hardcover on the paperback. It’s about the same size (length & width) as a bible (thinner though) & has a sorta fettucini coloured bookmark ribbon. Perfect for holding up on street corners & preaching His Noodly Word.
    St John the Blasphemist
    Saint of Perfection

4. Dano says:

The line is, “That’s such a mad, lame indoor sport.” I hope that helps.

5. St John the Blasphemist says:

I sorta thought that, but upon closer inspection (opening it in a wave editor & looping it at different speeds & stuff), I can definitely hear a ‘b’ or ‘p’ sound before ‘lame’. The first word in the line doesn’t really sound like ‘that’s’ either.
    But then, coming from the guy who made the clip, I guess you probably have more authority on the subject.
    BTW, Congrats on the award Dano.

6. gwood says:

Aw, c’mon, you know my song was better.

7. capekicks says:

Great Video. Congratulations to Dano on the award. As a long time New York Dolls and David Johansen fan I’ve always appreciated Johansen’s talent and humor. I got a kick from FSM and pirates appearances.
    As with a lot of satire, the point will be lost on those whose ideas are the object of the joke.
    Let’s face it, if a person’s cognitive range is limited, even by self imposed limits such as unwillingness, to a point where they can fall for ID or creationism, their just not in a mental state to get the satire.
    Of course Divine intervention by the Noodley Appendage could change that…

8. Dano says:

Thanks, guys! It was fun making it and putting in the little background jokes. I wanted to put some more intelligent design jokes in there, but Johansen didn’t want it to be too heavy-handed. “Creationists buy records too,” he joked. “But are they allowed to dance?” I replied. :)