Kansas Outlaws Practice Of Evolution

Published December 5th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

The satirical news magazine The Onion has a new article out on the Kansas Intelligent Design / Evolution issue:  Kansas Outlaws Practice Of Evolution.

In response to a Nov. 7 referendum, Kansas lawmakers passed emergency legislation outlawing evolution, the highly controversial process responsible for the development and diversity of species and the continued survival of all life.

kansas-outlaws.jpg

Link to article.

133 Responses to “Kansas Outlaws Practice Of Evolution”

1. L'TUAE_42 says:

@ Gnocci Man- I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was watching the election coverage two years ago(about the 1st time I was able to form my own real opinions on things like that) and I was looking at Bush and thinking “that man is an IDIOT. How can anyone like him?” For a while I actually thought it was good he was running, in my niavie little mind i thought he would drive Republican voters to our side. This happiness didn’t last long. But fear not- 2 more years! only 2 more years! FSM, 2 years is an eternity…..:(

2. Mad John Kidd says:

An interesting story comes to mind of the early 1800′s in Northern Missouri, where a sect of religious fundamentalists known as “Shakers”, determined that procreation was the root of all evil. The maths are rather simple. No sex = no progeny. No progeny leads to extinction. (What a brilliant recruitment tool.) Now if only Kansans would implement a similar strategy. End story.

RAmen

MJK

3. jesus christ says:

@mad john kid
    there are still some shakers around. the total world population is 4 people. the live in a town called sabbathday lake, maine. i guess that’s what happens when you give up sex, YOU GO EXTINCT. a religion without sex seems completely stupid.

4. jesus christ says:

think about what the world would be like if the puritans still existed. that wouldn’t be a fun society

5. Jon E says:

@jesus christ,
    Oh yes the puritans, such nice people. They had themselves a nice little civil war in this country and put Cromwell in charge, not a nice guy.

6. jesus christ says:

@jon e
    the puritans also felt that everybody was a witch in our country.

7. DutchPastaGirl says:

well as it says in our gospel: purity is for drinkingwater, not people. (I’m pretty sure it’s for beer as well)

8. One Eyed Jack says: