Kansas Outlaws Practice Of Evolution

Published December 5th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

The satirical news magazine The Onion has a new article out on the Kansas Intelligent Design / Evolution issue:  Kansas Outlaws Practice Of Evolution.

In response to a Nov. 7 referendum, Kansas lawmakers passed emergency legislation outlawing evolution, the highly controversial process responsible for the development and diversity of species and the continued survival of all life.

Link to article.

133 Responses to “Kansas Outlaws Practice Of Evolution”

1. L'TUAE_42 says:

@ Gnocci Man- I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was watching the election coverage two years ago(about the 1st time I was able to form my own real opinions on things like that) and I was looking at Bush and thinking “that man is an IDIOT. How can anyone like him?” For a while I actually thought it was good he was running, in my niavie little mind i thought he would drive Republican voters to our side. This happiness didn’t last long. But fear not- 2 more years! only 2 more years! FSM, 2 years is an eternity…..:(

2. Mad John Kidd says:

An interesting story comes to mind of the early 1800′s in Northern Missouri, where a sect of religious fundamentalists known as “Shakers”, determined that procreation was the root of all evil. The maths are rather simple. No sex = no progeny. No progeny leads to extinction. (What a brilliant recruitment tool.) Now if only Kansans would implement a similar strategy. End story.

3. jesus christ says:

@mad john kid
    there are still some shakers around. the total world population is 4 people. the live in a town called sabbathday lake, maine. i guess that’s what happens when you give up sex, YOU GO EXTINCT. a religion without sex seems completely stupid.

4. jesus christ says:

think about what the world would be like if the puritans still existed. that wouldn’t be a fun society

5. Jon E says:

@jesus christ,
    Oh yes the puritans, such nice people. They had themselves a nice little civil war in this country and put Cromwell in charge, not a nice guy.

6. jesus christ says:

@jon e
    the puritans also felt that everybody was a witch in our country.

7. DutchPastaGirl says:

well as it says in our gospel: purity is for drinkingwater, not people. (I’m pretty sure it’s for beer as well)

8. One Eyed Jack says: