happy Holiday season everyone

Published December 1st, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

Happy Holidays!

A Holiday message from me:

It’s that time of year again. Many will be celebrating Christmas, some Hanukkah, some Kwanzaa, whatever. Pastafarians will be celebrating our holiday, named “Holiday“. And it’s not a specific date so much as it is the Holiday season, itself.

I hate to go into specifics as to what and how Pastafarians celebrate/worship. The rituals and ceremonies are not important. What is important is that Pastafarians reject dogma and formalism (the emphasis on form over content). So, there are no specific, handed-down-from-above sort of specific rituals or ceremonies. Pastafarianism is more of a state of mind than a set of rules to follow. So enjoy the Holiday season, and celebrate it in a way that is pleasing to you and those around you.

That said, I would like to point out how much Pastafarianism has spread in a remarkably short amount of time. A few years ago, you’d be wished a “Merry Christmas” by everyone. Now, by our schools, businesses, goverment, on tv – everywhere – what do you hear? We’re not offered the Christian greeting “Merry Christmas“, but instead a happy “Holiday” season. Holiday, is of course OUR Pastafarian holiday, and it’s amazing to see how it’s been accepted, embraced even, by so many people.

Consider this: the Washington Post reports that a few people are upset with the White House “Christmas” cards, because they fail to mention Christmas. Instead, and not surprisingly based on President Bush’s presumed closet-Pastafarianism, the 1.4 million recipients of the White House “Christmas” card are wished a happy “Holiday season”. Say what you will about our president, but to send a Pastafarian propaganda message to over a Million people, in defiance of the Christian Evangelists who are supposedly his base – that took a huge set. I was so Touched that I took the time to write Mr. Bush a note. Click to read it, if you want.

fsm_card_for_bush.jpg fsm_card_for_bush2.jpg

So, that’s all. Have a safe and happy Holiday season. Remember that Flying Spaghetti Monster merchandise is not only fashionable, but also serves as propaganda.

115 Responses to “happy Holiday season everyone”

1 12 13 14
  1. ATSAP REVOL says:

@ #103, Holiday Travel Bureau or Smith?
    Wish I could read what you have written, but I don’t understand Gibberish. The language you use seems to superficially resemble English. Is Gibberish the language spoken in the Arkham Asylum for the Religiously Stupid?
    Atsap Revol, Professor of Linguistic Studies

2. Beach Holiday Guide says:

i am very happy that the world is embracing Rastafarian. i have shown many people the light but i have never seen it like this. i mean so many people are suddenly celebrating. and they are so enthusiastic!
    I hate to go into specifics as to what and how Proletarians celebrate/worship.

Beach Holiday Guide

3. Joseph Ford says:

How do we get out from under this death grip, of big business, If it controls our government?

I think that big business runs the United States of America. Do you be leave that Big Business controls government / politics in the USA?

– Joseph Ford

4. car flags says:

I agree with your points , wonderful post.

• Ferenst Anrtoplogist says:

Glad yu aggree with our fucking pionts.

5. Humanist Advent Calendar | The Reef says:

[...] (when convenient) – Pastafarian Holiday 6 – National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women (Canada) 8 – Bodhi Day 10 [...]

6. lanimal says:

I am looking for a Pastafrian reply to use when someone says merry christmas or happy holidays to me, any good suggestions?

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Merry Noodlemas?

• Lanimal says:

Gotta like that one. I am an air traffic controller and at the end of every conversation this time of year pilots will say merry Christmas. I have been at a loss for the past 30 years for a nice reply that kindly states I do not believe in your Christ but enjoy this season. I looked up FSM a month ago and came to this site to see what it is all about. All I can say is what a perfect fit for me, I love it. i feel like I was touched by his noodly appendage, reborn as other religions would say.

Thanks for the reply.

In sauciness,

Jim lanimal

• SillyKiwiMan says:

I just go with “happy holidays”.

I despise christmas, but do , in fact, want people to enjoy any time off work they may be planning. I figure it covers me.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Or maybe a hearty “Yaargh” would do.

1 12 13 14