FSM is a horrible idea

Published December 4th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

Dear Mr. Henderson,

I have noticed that you have started this thing called Pastafarianism.  I
would like to start off the first of a long list of complaints, by simply
stating that that pun is horrible. It’s not even creative.  Way to be
original… not.  Second of all… you guys claim that Pirates are your
followers, and that nobody has ever killed anybody in the name of the FSM.
While… looking back on History I happen to find that the history of
Pirates is filled full of rape, murder, and pillaging.  This is probably the
point where you say “that’s what they want you to think” but this is also
the point where I point out that no noodly meat sac in the sky ever rewrote
history to say that Blackbeard was a cheery fellow who spread joy to others.
To think that some noodle thing in the sky rewrote history is just pure
ludacris.  Also, why is it a Spaghetti monster?  Don’t you find that a
little biased towards Italians.  I don’t appreciate your bias.  If you are
going to continue with your charade, please choose a God that represents
more people than just a minority of people in Europe.  Your idea for
intelligent design isn’t very well thought through.  I respect your idea to
mock the Kansas school board, but what I don’t respect is that you dragged
other people into this farce by stating you actually believe this nonsense.
Look at it, really look at it, and think to yourself if you really want
people to back these wildly imaginative ideas of yours.  If you think you
should… then it’s probably time you stop and consult your local therapist.
I’m not a Christian either, in fact I’m Aetheist.  My way of thinking is
that if there really was a God… why would he be so dumb as to make people
who actually believe a giant flying noodle made the earth?  In the long run,
I would appreciate it if you proclaimed this whole thing to be a farce so
that your horribly nerdy followers could get over themselves and go back to
having what little lives they had in the first place.  If you choose however
to keep up this ploy, I would have to ask that you make your God less biased
towards Pirates and Italians.

TheLaughingMan

550 Responses to “FSM is a horrible idea”

1 63 64 65 66 67 69
  1. Teh Pirate Fish says:

Technicaly, most everything is just a theory. While many things have OVERWHELMING evidence, the majority of it is not actualy 100%-for-sure proven. If you think about it. Wow, i just hurt my own brain. IT BURNS!

2. Coleoptera says:

@Teh Pirate Fish
    Yes, exactly right. As Nikky was saying, science progresses by falsification. Nothing can be proven, only falsified. With every experiment that fails to falsify a theory the theory gains support. As there has not been a single study that has falsified the basic predictions of evolutionary theory it has gained overwhelming support. Thus, like the theory of gravity, its acceptance in the scientific community is essentially unanimous.

3. Wench Nikky says:

Coleoptera
    Have you looked at the BBC forum generated by the Truth is Science, Professor Andrew McIntosh ( A professor at Leeds University) publivally contesting that the second law of thermodynamics denies the possibilty of evolution? That discussion has pretty well been
    done, so it’s gone on to evolution in general now. There is a “Creationist Appologist”
    over there talking the same way as leucine about “horizontal evolution= microevolution”
    ect. Sounds a lot like her/him or one of his/her bible school buddies.
    Forum takes a while to load and is moderated, so posts don’t appear instantly.
    But if you feel like getting your teeth into something, you might enjoy it. I have from time to time. :)

4. Coleoptera says:

@Nikky
    Yeah, I did take a look. The Apologist is pb right? He/she was being soundly dealt with when I took a look a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it is time to go back.

5. Wench Nikky says:

“The Apologist is pb right?”
    No a different poster, trying to baffle with bullshit terminology and politeness.
    I think PB is definately a paid troll. Nobody in their right mind would take the beating he does and keep going back for more. Hopeless :)
    McIntosh spoke out again at a BBC interview on Sunday which fired another forum. There are about 3 or 4 now. Everytime a new speech comes up it starts a new forum.

6. Wench Nikky says:

BTW PB did bring his “half a feather” onto this current forum, as well as all the others. hahahahahahaha
    Must be about 10 posters, who want to shove more than half a feather down his throat if he keeps going on about it. hahahahaha
    RAmen

7. dragonreborn100 says:

How exactly is the FSM biased against Italians. I for one am part italian and am happy that the starchy goodness we have added to the menu is finally getting the recognition it deserves. Also, while we have spread the noodle’s popularity, it was originally invented by the chinese.

8. concerned reader of hate mail says:

if people are dim enough not to recognize sartire and wholeheartedly believe this themselves (assuming that this is a bad thing), then be glad they met something as harmeless as this before they found something that would really bite them in the ass. by the way, pasta originated in china. if you are going to attack this web site, at least get your “facts” straight.

1 63 64 65 66 67 69