1st Holiday Tree of the season

Published December 8th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

Matt Kent sent me this:

holiday-tree-1.jpg

I like the shadow it makes on the ceiling.  Holiday Trees, anyone else?  Send pics, I’ll post them.

73 Responses to “1st Holiday Tree of the season”

1. Queen of Rock'n'Roll says:

Oh, noooo! Mr. Matt beat me to it! I am currently making a Flying Spaghetti Monster tree topper — I thought I was so original! Oh, well, I’ll still send in the photo when it’s done. Chewbecca, your idea is great — I would love to have FSM ornaments and otherwise.
    By the way, I am wishing everyone a happy Holiday season this year :)

2. Alchemist says:

Thanks Queen..Happy Holidays to you too. Tree topper? sod that, I’m sure our noodley master wont mind if I pretent to be lazy???

3. Chewbecca says:

Yes, I have been wishing everyone a “Happy Holiday” for years now. Searching desperately for something that allowed me to celebrate in my own way, I was inclined to consider the Festivus Aluminum Pole at one time, but didn’t feel compelled to actually put one up. I still prefer a tree idea because I think it’s fun to have a tree in the house. But being able to have meatballs and noodles hanging from the tree is going to be even better. I insist on not using real noodles and meatballs, though. I have pets (and kids). The holiday wouldn’t be so happy after a few days of having real pasta on the tree.

So…how do we get these ornaments in production? Anybody have a noodle they can pull?

4. Funkay_Fresh says:

I’m inspired to paint all my orb orniments like meatballs. Then hang spaghetti from the branches like tinsel…yes.

5. General Rotelle says:

Ornaments should be really easy. I’m thinking of going to a craft shop and picking up syrofoam balls and pipe cleaners. Some red spray paint and glue-on eyes should do the trick. I’ll have a dozen FSM on my tree in no time.

6. L'TUAE_42 says:

Exceedingly lovely.^_^ A question though: What sort of fire hazard would be present from hanging dry pasta in the tree? I don’t want anything else to catch on fire.

7. Alchemist says:

Chewbecca – stick your pasta ornaments in the freezer for a few hours first. When they start to melt simply put them in the freezer again.
    Hell, I can see a future as an advice columnist.

8. skeptick says:

Off-topic, but does anyone else pronounce FSM by saying “fizzim”? Like, “Oh my fizzim!” [FSM]
    Just wonderin’.