19350 Views

noodly1

Published November 3rd, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

fsm-car.jpg

I’m very impressed with this car. And what makes it even more amazing is that it lives in the bible belt, where crazy evangelists are everywhere. Not that they’d necessarily be able to read/understand the license plate,etc, but still.

The owner of this car is also the creator of my favorite FSM pumpkin:
23b.jpg

78 Responses to “noodly1”

1 4 5 6 7 8 10
  1. Rabbit says:

I’m sure their kids didn’t mind getting another day off though

2. Mike Meier says:

Smithfield , NC once had, and still did as late as the mid-1980′s, a large billboard on the west entrance to town on HWY-70 that featured a large picture of a man, on a white horse, carrying a white jousting lance, wearing a flowing white rode and pointy white hood. That kind of town?
    Try the light, personal approach first, perhaps with a little humor (in the spirit of FSM). Start with friends and aquaintances. You might be able to build a little support, and understanding, and you’ll hone your skills and develop techniques for dealing with these people on this subject. Start small, but eventually propose a totally new town seal, something more modern, something that happens to not have a cross on it. Draw up some ideas and show them to people. Hold a contest. Get the kids at school involved (diversion via innocence). Tell the locals the current cross looks more Catholic than Protestant, or visa versa, (the appeal to religious intolerance) and explain that since the town does not have an official religion (“Or does it?” you might ask), suggest including other religions (appeal to religious intolerance) or else just move away from that subject, which should be a personal matter anyway, and suggest that the town come up with something that would represent itself better on the national stage (appeal to pride), hopefully attracting more business, investment, tourism, etc. (appeal to greed). [Use their tendency to commit any and all of the seven deadly sins against them.]
    Give people an easy and painless way out. A frontal assault will just cause them to instinctively mobilize all their defenses to their identity, traditions, the fabric of their existance, as they would see it.

3. Carmen Zepp says:

This town is, in fact, fairly close to Smithfield, but not in Johnston county, which is infamous for moonshine and the sheer volume of card carrying KKK members.

I like your suggestion MM. I don’t actually live in the town any longer, but I still own property there. And my husband’s business is there. And my son’s school is there. And, of course, like any small town, everyone knows everyone else. And as far as most are concerned, I’m a regular ol’, church going, flag waving, apple pie eating, member of the “normal” folks. (As I mentioned elsewhere, I don’t discuss personal matters, e.g. my views on religion, with casual acquaintances.) But I’m sure just as soon as I brought up that the town seal is rather. . .um. . .UNCONSTITUTIONAL, I’d be tarred and feathered.

So I struggle between standing up for what is “right,” and just letting it go because, well, it’s easier that way.

4. Anna says:

Choosing the easier way out is almost never a good idea when it comes to moral issues, but Mike made some good suggestions. If you try to desguise it as something else they might not object so much.

5. Penne says:

Well,Halloween is over but it might be fun to deguise it as a jelly fish,it’s already very similar!

6. The Cut Lass says:

Today was a most wondrous day!
    1. My life was starched with the glory that is the FSM.
    2. My husband and I are not truly alone in this vast state of Christian asphyxia that is NC (we just moved here from SF).
    3. I have been given the gift of more reasons to revel in the glory of my piratude.
    Thank you Bobby. Thank you Carmen (and her blessed mother). And thanks be to the Pasta and the Meat and the Vine Ripened Tomatoes that is the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    RaMen

PS May I humbly suggest to my fellow believers who’s states allow as many as 8 characters on their plates: ‘PASTAFARI’. I would use it myself, but I drive a company car.

7. Penne says:

Spank’n name Lass!

8. The Cut Lass says:

Ta. Like wise.

I haven’t giggled with so much pleasure in a very long time as I did today. I kept my browser pointed at this site all day and kept sneaking back to read it when no one was looking. I confess to having gotten very little done as a result. This joy I feel may surpass the day I found out there was a man in Sweden building a viking ship out of nothing but popscicle sticks and is planning to sail it across the Atlantic.
    I’m sure someone will want to know, and as it’s vaguely pirate related:

1 4 5 6 7 8 10