19328 Views

noodly1

Published November 3rd, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

fsm-car.jpg

I’m very impressed with this car. And what makes it even more amazing is that it lives in the bible belt, where crazy evangelists are everywhere. Not that they’d necessarily be able to read/understand the license plate,etc, but still.

The owner of this car is also the creator of my favorite FSM pumpkin:
23b.jpg

78 Responses to “noodly1”

1. J says:

Davey Jones has a distinctly Welsh sound to it, too…

2. Anna says:

Anyone know where some of the other famous pirates are from?
    Or where I can find who their desendants are?

3. lunchlady says:

There are lots of pirates that came from New England. The East India Trading Co. did a fair amount of trade in Salem MA (See, we did more than burn witches, we also hung pirates). There’s also a pirate museum in Salem, along with a witch museum.
    I don’t know if too many pirates left descendents, as most of them didn’t marry and died young pretty frequently. There weren’t a lot of pirates that died of old age w/ grandchildren perched on their wooden legs… Anne Bonny and Mary Reed, the two famous female pirates, supposedly escaped hanging by claiming to be pregnant, although I don’t know if either of them actually had a child.

4. nikkiee says:

For any Aussies wanting to brush up on their piratism, the Australian National Maritime Museum is currently holding a pirate exhibition at Darling Harbour in Sydney.
    14 September 2006–4 February 2007
    Cut loose your cutlass and enter the world of pirates in a rollicking kids’ adventure land. Storm a galleon, fire a cannon and walk the plank. Crawl through a looter’s lair in search of treasure, check your weight in gold and practise your pirate patter. Can you tell a scimitar from a sitar? Can you crack the clues to the hidden hoard? You’ll meet the ghastly ghost of Blackbeard and the motliest crew of swaggering seafarers you’d ever want to set eyes on.

Here be Pirates… join us if you dare!
    RAmen

5. Cari's mom (aka the mother-out-law) says:

MUST have the civil liberties sticker, if for no other reason than to further enrage the father-out-law. Oh, Noodly1 Bug owner, where did you get it?

And speaking of pirates, who else thinks that “Captain Blood” is the very best pirate movie, EVER? (Or am I just decades older than everyone else on this site?)

6. One Eyed Jack says:

Not strickly a ‘pirate’ movie, but I always loved the original Mutiny on the Bounty. Probably had a lot to do with naked native women and the fact that I first saw it while I was going through puberty.
    OEJ

7. Carmen Zepp says:

Hi All,
    Finally! People who understand my license plate! (Imagine, meeting you all here) ;-)

Just for the record, I have not been harassed for my plate or for my FSM emblem. Most people around here have no clue what it means, although I do hope that many become curious enough to go google it once they get home. Then they can either get pissed off or laugh uncontrollably, all in the comfort of their own homes, long after my little bug and I are gone. (And of course, either way it goes, they all become educated about His Noodliness, which is the whole point.)

Now I did have a Darwin fish on a former car, though, which angered many immediately. One guy in particular stands out in my mind. He and the two small kids he was carrying came up beside me at a stoplight, and the guy rolls down his window to announce to my husband and me that he “didn’t come from no monkey!” Gee, sure coulda fooled me, was my response. Thank FSM for turbo!

So, yeah, point is, FSM is much less obvious, much less controversial (at least until the right wing nut balls figure out what it is), and much more poignant: IMHO, FSM isn’t anti-religion, it’s anti teaching religion as science. Even though I’m an atheist, I don’t begrudge anyone his/her religion, but I do begrudge believers trying to foist their beliefs off on my kids in a public education setting.

As far as the civil liberties sticker, you can order your very own at http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

Yours in Pasta,

Carmen

8. nikkiee says:

Interesting that Black Beard was killed in North Carolina.