Muy Interesante

Published November 6th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

The Flying Spaghetti Monster made the cover of Muy Interesante, a popular spanish science magazine. I have no idea what the article says, but here it is:
muy_cover.jpg muy2.jpg muy3.jpg

Here are some higher quality images, if you want to try to read the article:
muyhq1.jpg muyhq2.jpg
muy4.jpg muy5.jpg muy6.jpg

68 Responses to “Muy Interesante”

1. Nikkiee says:

@norman normal
    Can you copyright a Gods name?

2. Andy says:

From what I can tell (I’m a native Spanish speaker), it is a pretty accurate account of the “debate” and its roots, exposing some of the political motivations of the creationist folks, among other things. The article is not very stylishly written, thus it gets a bit boring. But the info is pretty accurate and well presented.

In one of the inserts, they even mention Michael Behe and Dembski, and dismiss their “theories” as what they are, just pure babble. In the case of Dembski, I think his theory makes sense, but doesn’t apply here, since he misunderstands natural selectionin the first place in such a basic level, that it amazes me he’s an actual scientist.

3. Mad John Kidd says:

Thanks for the review Andy

Since, Dembski got his degree at the bequest of Rev. Moon in order to combat the evil-lutionists, it’s no surprise that he doesn’t understand it.

4. Mad John Kidd says:

So have anyone heard from Buggery and Skinflint yet?

5. Henry says:

A comment to Susan, who wondered to what extent the ID movement was a problem outside the US. To some extent I must agree with with lovecraft, who responded that USA is a peculiar country, as it is indeed world leading in research and sciences (just count the US fraction of the nobel prizes), but at the same time, from a European horizon, seem to live in a religious climate at least halfway back in the dark ages. That being said, Europe is not completely unaffected by ID, it has just not gained any serious influence. Moreover, I think that the intellectual climate in most European countries is such that any influence that ID will have in the future, will be limited to very small groups that are considered as religious extremists.

Anyway, these webpages show that the intellectual climate in US still allow for people to think openmindedly, and to write satire which is hilarius. Best of luck.

6. Bobby's last reply says:

I am only going to tell you that prayer to God is serious and you should take your own lives more seriously too. How you treat me on here will return to you one day and you shall be utterly ashamed. You know the meaning to life? Show me you do. Not to be so hasty in your remarks when I am not joking, lying, or trying to be anyone that I am not. I am the rose. God’s rose of Heaven. When you remember miracles and the miracle of the virgin birth, think again then that anything is possible with God under belief. If you do not believe in miracles, I am sorry for you because they are going on right now just as I predicted at four years old.
    Prophecy comes with a big responsibility. The gold seals are over comers and love God. I am a gold seal. God determines who is His own and who is crazy, NOT YOU>

7. Andy says:

So, um, anyway…

I have heard Dembsky being interviewed, and he seems to be by far the least crazy of them. He actually tries very hard to make sense, and at times it seems he’s on an internal conflict within himself as a scientist. He admitted he does not agree with the creationists as they are, but that there is guided design on evolution. Still his views are misguided and misunderstanding of the basics of natural selection, in my opinion.

I’m not defending his position, but I honestly think that even though he may have started as a crazy creationist on a mission, the science is just too overwhelming to dismiss as an intelligent being that I’m betting he is (albeit fundamentally misguided). But it doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s not good science if you start investigating with a proposed goal, most especially if the goal is purely religious (i.e. irrational and unevidenced).

8. Koldito says:

In reply to Mishery: the Spanish version of “touched by his noodly appendage” is “tocado por su apendice tallarinesco”.