in your “about” section

Published November 7th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

In your “About” section, it says “even by it’s opponents.”  I just
wanted to point out that “it’s” is a contraction for “it is,” and not
the possessive form of “it.”  You should say “even by its opponents.”

104 Responses to “in your “about” section”

1 5 6 7 8 9 13
  1. Reverend Distopia says:

Trix:

With all due respect, “its” is the posessive form. The only time one uses an apostrophe is when one is using the contraction, as in, it is. Over the last several years, I’ve had this rule rammed down my throat repeatedly by English professors so I’m 100% certain of this. As for a plural possessive, I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone give a multitude of Its possession of anything, so I’m not sure how one would handle that form. If I should happen to ever write anything in which a thousand Pennywise the clowns own something, maybe I’ll find out.

2. Biscuit says:

“All of you are idiots that keep to themselves outside the web or hanicaps who don’t really know what they are doing.”

I am many things but I am not a ‘hanicap’. At least I don’t think I am.

3. nikkiee says:

@captain yar
    “how do you get your name to be blue instead of black, like “davey jones’ slacker”? is it like seniority or something?”
    Those blue names are links.

4. St John the Blasphemist says:

@Branded Cow
    Yeah “cake’s” is a contraction of “cake is” and also the possessive form of “cake”.
    Refer to the website I posted.

5. clay says:

hmm how do you post hate mail

6. Jingles says:

Well, Ishmael, screaming “U RZ aLl GaYZZZ ThaT SHOve OArS Up POPlws Assesss” would probably do it (If you can’t be assed mixing caps and lower case, just caps lock will do, and make sure the spelling is really bad as well).
    Why you would want the website to have a whole thread dedicated to ripping the sh*t out of you is the question though.

7. Camp Fire Tales says:

This sentance contains exactly three misstakes.

8. One Eyed Jack says:

“This sentance contains exactly three misstakes.”
    This sentence ends with a period

1 5 6 7 8 9 13