in your “about” section

Published November 7th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

In your “About” section, it says “even by it’s opponents.”  I just
wanted to point out that “it’s” is a contraction for “it is,” and not
the possessive form of “it.”  You should say “even by its opponents.”

104 Responses to “in your “about” section”

1 3 4 5 6 7 13
  1. nikkiee says:

“Why can’t just keep your little stupid religion to youeselves.”
    That’s how I feel about the fund-a-mentalist christians attempt to bully and indoctrinate the rest of the world with their stupid irrational imagings.

2. nikkiee says:

and imaginings!

3. nikkiee says:

Also “iq”
    “who waste you time making fun of religons and god.”
    I don’t consider it a waste of time!

4. Fr. Corpus Callosum says:

-IMPAIRED QUACKTOLOGIST wrote ‘I belive in a religon and i do know more about it than most people. so hwy don’t you’
    That’s what we think is so very funny.

5. Andy says:

I don’t really think this classes as Hate-Mail in the normal category. She’s just being a harmless grammar Nazi like so many of us are from time to time; just learn from the error and move on, it’s not important.

The post made by “I.Q” should be up there in Hate-Mail instead. Incidentally, “I.Q” should be “I.Q.”, if we’re to keep in theme with the original post.

6. Fr. Corpus Callosum says:

‘Incidentally, “I.Q” should be “I.Q.”, if we’re to keep in theme with the original post.’ Too true. I just thought Penne’s little nickname was amusing.

7. St John the Blasphemist says:

I don’t see this as hate mail either. Grammar plays an important role when trying to get a message across. Your opponents will find any way to discredit you and bad grammar, they will argue, can lower your credibility substantially (look at how many hate mails have received criticism here for it).
    Yes – possessive pronouns such as ‘his’, hers’, ‘yours’, and ‘its’ do not have apostrophes & I notice you’ve rectified the mistake in question. Good work.
    Now take a walk down the street & look at how many cafes have pizza’s, nacho’s (which isn’t even a plural word let alone posessive), and cake’s on sale. These people piss me off. Yeah I’m an apostrophe nazi.
    More info at the Apostrophe Protection Society: http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/
    “Well I told him right then,” Fido said, “it should be easy to see – the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.” – FZ

8. tha beast from tha east says:

to quote IQ (with grammar changes for readability): “who [would] waste [their] time making fun of religions and [G]od[?]” the answer: you

1 3 4 5 6 7 13