in your “about” section

Published November 7th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

In your “About” section, it says “even by it’s opponents.”  I just
wanted to point out that “it’s” is a contraction for “it is,” and not
the possessive form of “it.”  You should say “even by its opponents.”

104 Responses to “in your “about” section”

1. triple a says:

The tone and vibe of pastafarianism(tennor if you will) is that you need to be both educated and not too up tight and anal, therefore this implores his followers to try to sound educatedand not use to many lols omneg’s(oh my non-existant god) u etc. but that having a perfectly typed response, many of you debaters have been blessed with the ability to spell and an uncanny nack for grammer, others of us would much rather no have to mess with the tediuous(i have no idea how to spell that) perfection of something that our god does not rquire to perfect, when we could spend the time bettering ourselves or bettering the world in which we live so la pasta I agree that stoopid, smatr and other typos should try to be reserved or the hate mailers but dont be OCD

2. triple a says:

you will notice i made multiple mistakes my bad and I am truly sorry to anyone whos has trouble reading it but really, it doesnt matter, of all the things in this world to worry about spelling is not on the top of my list, global warming is

3. Wench Nikkiee says:

I feel His Noodleyness is quite forgiving of grammar, spelling and typos made by His dedicated followers, in pursuit of His glory, but not of those bearing witness to false gods.
    RAmen

4. Noodles says:

i is typed like that i wanted if.

lots of noodly loves
    noodles

5. Dave Crawford says:

This is not hate mail but the religious comments without full names seem a sad commentary of those who lack the courage of their convictions.

I have just read the “God Delusion” by Dawkins and treasure the comment by the Bishop of Oxford who apparently said something like “Those who say they live by the Bible either havent read it or didnt understand it”.

6. the FSM says:

you guys are idiots, op is right – now stfu

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) – Cite This Source
    its /ɪts/ Pronunciation Key – Show Spelled Pronunciation[its] Pronunciation Key – Show IPA Pronunciation
    –pronoun the possessive form of it (used as an attributive adjective): The book has lost its jacket. I’m sorry about its being so late.

——————————————————————————–

[Origin: 1590–1600; earlier it's, equiv. to it1 + -'s1]

—Usage note While it is possible to use its as a predicate adjective (The cat is angry because the bowl you’re eating out of is its!) or as a pronoun meaning “that or those belonging to it” (Your notebook pages are torn. Borrow my notebook—its aren’t), such use is rare and in most circumstances strained. See also me.
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
    Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) – Cite This Source
    it’s /ɪts/ Pronunciation Key – Show Spelled Pronunciation[its] Pronunciation Key – Show IPA Pronunciation

1. contraction of it is: It’s starting to rain.
    2. contraction of it has: It’s been a long time.

—Usage note See contraction.

7. SugarFree says:

Yes yes, possessive ‘it’ requires no apostraphe, i assume this is clear now?

I do love how you guys are pissing off SO many theists. Whether this religion is serious or not, I still cant decide!

Have fun guys!

P.s. Fuck the christians.

8. Gomer says:

i find it amusing that this is in the hatemail section. Henderson must not enjoy being critisized. has the mistake been corrected?