in your “about” section

Published November 7th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

In your “About” section, it says “even by it’s opponents.”  I just
wanted to point out that “it’s” is a contraction for “it is,” and not
the possessive form of “it.”  You should say “even by its opponents.”

104 Responses to “in your “about” section”

1. Penne says:

O.K., I just finished reading about Scientologists, maybe they do trump the Mormons.

2. Grace says:

thats a bit picky, its only a bloody apostrophy! i dont even use them! i cant even spell! it realy realy doesnt matter!
    but on the other hand that could be why i got a level seven for reading and only a level five for writeing in my year nine english sats last year..hmm

3. One Eyed Jack says:

Ya think?

4. Grace says:

I think i might go away and revise some grammar.
    actualy scrap that im going to read the dictanary

5. Cari's mom (aka the mother-out-law) says:

I used to correct Bobby’s spelling, but then the site got too big for me to use to play Word Police. I find it amusing that there’s a whole strand on the its/it’s confusion, since that’s probably the very first correction I ever emailed to Bobby. (And to weigh in, not that it’s up for a vote, of course there’s no apostrophe in a possessive pronoun–”its” it just like “his” and “hers.” Does it make sense? Oh, hell no. It only matters on the SAT.)

Here’s something that DOES matter: if someone says he’s allergic to turkey, but he really isn’t, should he be force-fed turkey till he bursts?

6. Fable says:

Good eye, but nobody really uses grammar sooo…it’s cool.

I.Q.,
    Shut up.

Ramen!

7. Fable says:

Well, except for English tests and stuff but that doesn’t matter in the real world now does it?

8. Scion of la Pasta says:

Sure you can get around using grammer and its logistics but you might, you know, sound like a stoopid, not smatr, dumb ass. Our loving pasta god loves perfect grammer
    RAmen?