I dont want this to sound rude

Published November 9th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

I don’t want this to sound rude. With email it is easy to misinterpret what and how things are said. I just want the facts. How do Pastafarians justify a object (such as spaghetti) which is made by man, having the power to create man. It seems like whatever started the world would have to be around before the world began. And spaghetti wasn’t made till sometime after they figured out how to brown ground beef and put tomato sauce over the beef and noodles. Is there some explanation of how the Spaghetti Monster was here before the rest of us? Again, I’m not trying to say the Pastafarian religion is wrong, I just want the facts so that I can understand. Thanks.

Stephanie

144 Responses to “I dont want this to sound rude”

1. Steve says:

Im thinking of converting to pastafarianism, do i have to give up my sunday or any other day of the week?

2. Mad John Kidd says:

Friday is our holy day when most of us can be found at the local pub. However, it is said that all days are holy and His Noodlness is not bound by time. For those under the legal drinking age any suitable beverage will suffice. We’re not that particular. Welcome aboard if ye so choose.

RAmen

3. pirate's son says:

Hi Stephanie,

please observe that fsm is no dinky made-up fruit of the loom (e.g. Darwinism) its a knowldege that breathes from the woods and from the stones, from the seas and the stars and that is known by the heart of ev’ry upright pirate, whether or not he still can stand.
    So please, don’t come an’ ask yor fussy narrow-minded dead-end questions that only serve to debunk your disbelief and show that you’ve entirely lost your way.

4. Zebraaargh says:

I was raised Lutheran, but always questioned how it was possible that the Bible was the only correct religious work and all the others were wrong. I always had in the back of my mind that there was no true way to know which, if any, were right. As I have matured, I only strengthen in the idea that there is no way to know anything that I am not able to prove or have the proof of set in front of me and explained by someone who has undertaken the thorough examination of the matter. I can’t help but feel that the Bible is a book, written, translated many times over, and ultimately published by man. Even if the Bible started off as divine, unerring words from an almighty being, how can I be sure that these words have not been changed and altered by imperfect humans? Therefore, I cannot consciously trust in this piece of literature or any other religious tome. This is not to say that I do not have my own ideas related to the ultimate workings of the world, but they are merely ideas which may or may not be in any way related to anyone else’s ideas or anything available in print.
    After all, who is to say that I could not declare myself “The LORD of ALL,” and produce a scholarly book recounting the way I have caused such upset in the world because I introduced different possibilities for the beginnings and endings of the lives of living things and the explanation for all that surrounds them? In a few thousand more years, the people of this world may be worshiping a nurse from Wisconsin, instead of a carpenter from Nazareth, an enlightened soul from India, a philosopher from China, or a Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    Until that time comes, I am happy to have found an idea that celebrates the pirate life that I have always felt was in some way a higher road to take in life. I had no idea that my celebration of all things pirate was due by the FSM and His Noodly Appendage. Is the saying true – “Every time a pasta machine wrings, the FSM grows a new noodly appendage”?
    May all be blessed by His Noodly Appendage, RAmen

5. Athiest Grant says:

It seems poor stephanie was at the front of the que when He (FSM) was handing out naivity.

6. Why Cough? says:

So many people don’t understand the word “joke”.

7. Stevee says:

And so many of them are Christians.

8. Kylea says: