FSM on South Park

Published November 1st, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

Is the Flying Spaghetti Monster making an appearance on South Park tonight?

cartmanfsm.jpg

According to BoingBoing :

Tonight’s episode of South Park features the BoingBoing’s patron deity, The Flying Spaghetti Monster (PBUH), and Richard Dawkins.

Everyone should watch. Comedy Central, 10pm or 11pm, depending on where you live.

122 Responses to “FSM on South Park”

1 10 11 12 13 14 16
  1. nikkiee says:

Spanking OEJ? I think a I’m beginning to see a pattern.

2. andyo says:

I’m disappointed. I have read some essays of Dawkins, and I don’t find much to object. I haven’t read any of these authors state in any that the world would be free of violence, but that religion is the primary abler of many of it. Not all, of course. Nobody sensible I know says that. What is wrong about Dawkins’ statement that 9/11 and other atrocities wouldn’t have occurred without religion? Does anybody deny that islamic martyrs believe they are gonna go to heaven? Isn’t that what allows them to kill themselves and the infidels so easily?

Truth may offend, but someone has to say these things. It would be great if muslims people themselves said it.

I am disappointed because I took Trey and Matt to be more insightful than falling in the trap of relativism. I think the South Park movie was nothing short of genius comedy. But what a mistake considering science as another religion. It’s about reason and evidence versus dogma. Science is not dogma, it is the opposite.

South Park has really gotten too rauchy. I used to like its subtlety and satire, but now Dawkins, who only advocates rationality and has done nothing wrong, gets the same treatment as Saddam and Satan in the SP movie.

3. chillspike says:

Hey. Neato site.

Originally, I thought the FSM reference was kinda lame. But the more I thought about it, I kept laughing until today…when I did a search for it and found your site. Nice. :)

4. DutchPastaGuy says:

Here in the UK Paramount Comedy currently has South Park marathon sessions on Friday evening. Every week episodes are shown with a common theme to them. Yesterday it was ‘The Holy grail’, all episodes related to religion. The one about pedofile priests, Mormons, a double episode about going to Hell and Cartman turning into a televangelist, Jewbilee, even the son of Satan made an appearance in the last one shown. Watching the recording this afternoon was not a bad way to waste a few hours! If the density of Pastafarians becomes such that it is feasible to have a Pastafarian video evening, I’ll know what to bring to the occasion.

5. Pyle is gay says:

I would like to say – “penis”
    Also that Slatts is a homo.

So in conclusion Derkka derkka hakka dirrka jihad hakka dirkka dirkka Osama Bin Laden!

6. Slaats is a homo says:

like my submiten he he he

7. Jingles says:

Yaaawnnnn….
    [sarcasm] Razor sharp wit here folks. Slatts and Pyle were cut deep. Will they respond? The tension is unbearable. [/sarcasm]

8. slatts and pyle says:

ur a dick head jingles – seriously
    – reply