FSM Money Stamp

Published November 20th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

dollarwide1.jpg

Nick Jones came up with this FSM money stamp. It covers up “In God We Trust” and replaces it with “In Pasta We Trust”. I like it.

Closeup: dollarwide2.jpg

BoingBoing had a post a while ago showing a tiny stamp to strike out the word “God” from paper money:

godlessmoney.jpg

Which prompted Kim Moser to suggest the following FSM stamp:

fsmstamp2.jpg

Here’s what I want to know: how many people would be interested in a money stamp? We could have them made if there’s enough interest.

661 Responses to “FSM Money Stamp”

1 76 77 78 79 80 83
  1. Fr. Corpus Callosum says:

@Farseer:
    ‘I believe that Christianity is a myth. In order to explain what they don’t understand, humans create mythology. Because the origins of our universe are uncertain and the inevitability of death is both mysterious and terrifying, the Christian myth is embraced by many for it seems to hold answers to these unknowns.’
    Religion is such a complex, all encompassing type of human activity. I think you’re absolutely right about the christian mythology. It’s a combination of creation myths, folk tales, tall-tale ‘fairy stories’, priestly propaganda, cultural rules, morality tales and a little history. All of these elements (except the priestly propaganda) were probably useful to the people living thousands of years ago.
    But of course, the christianity that is very loosely based on the book is a living culture, and fundamentalist culture, more so than most, is viral: It attacks a living system and transforms it into a copy of itself. Sometimes I think that the failure of our culture to achieve all that we might is because we have a few chronic illnesses, religion being one of the worst. If we weren’t sick, we might be living in peace and harmony and have colonies on the moon.

2. One Eyed Jack says:

Beastly Rich,
    You made an old pirate cry. I am so happy to see that you did NOT make a pilsner! Cheers to you!
    OEJ

3. Farseer says:

@FCC
    “Viral” is a great term. I believe as you do that the “failure of our culture to achieve all that we might is because we have a few chronic illnesses, religion being one of the worst.” That was very well put. For example, the European Middle Ages, in my opinion, are a great example of how organized religion all but shut down scientific and cultural growth. At that time, the “virus” sought out and crushed many of those who wished to question the nature of the world and thereby further humanity.
    Well put.
    RAmen.

4. Oarless Marc says:

Wow, that is really cool. I’ve never had ginger beer. Sloe gin (at least when mixed with orange soda as a teenager) is nasty stuff.

5. Fr. Corpus Callosum says:

@Dan,
    Your more finished stamp idea for US money is very fine. I’d buy one.
    In keeping with our status as the true religion, I think we should put the stamp over the great seal of the US to show that we are a Pastafarian nation, and I vote for ‘One Nation, Under Pasta’ for our slogan.
    Then, like the noodles of our great god, the many strands of our individual lives would entangle and mesh into a great and united Pastafarian unity.
    RAmen brothers and sisters.

6. Fr. Corpus Callosum says:

@FarSeer:
    I suppose the ‘viral’ part might hold true for lots of inflexible ideologies, but fundamentalist religion seems to be the worst. It’s very noticeable when talking or posting to fanatics, and it’s most evident in the more lucid posts, (I usually attribute the ‘u fag U wil bern in hel god luvs you!!!!!’ posts to all around abysmal ignorance and maybe stupidity, or to extreme youth) where the fanatic makes fairly well thought out arguments based on delusion, and can’t seem to think beyond the bounds of the delusion. An example of this might be the ‘Don’t you trust god to write an infallible book’ argument.
    In personal interaction, the type of fanatic I find the most disturbing is the clear eyed ‘visionary’ with a surety that I’ve only found in hallucinogenic drugs. The difference being that with the drugs, if you look back on your certain knowledge a few hours later, you can get a good laugh.

7. Fr. Corpus Callosum says:

@BR: It looks like you have a pretty big operation there. I didn’t even know you could make alcoholic ginger beer.
    My grandmother made beer with a variety of mixed grains. She liked her beer very heavy and only used a cheese-cloth for a filter. When I was a kid I’d help her bottle it in 100 bottle batches. I didn’t like it at all, but she wasn’t making it to MY taste.
    Do you need a still for the gin? I knew gin was relatively easy to make, but I never knew anyone who made it.

8. Nick the Infidel says:

@Fr. Corpus Callosum
    “Very nice work. By the way, I’ve been wanting to ask you if you are the ‘Mr. Pessimistic’ Nick. Are you?”
    Not that I’m aware of! Of course after watching “Fight Club” I don’t take anything for granted! So I could be. Who is that anyway?

1 76 77 78 79 80 83