FSM Money Stamp

Published November 20th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

dollarwide1.jpg

Nick Jones came up with this FSM money stamp. It covers up “In God We Trust” and replaces it with “In Pasta We Trust”. I like it.

Closeup: dollarwide2.jpg

BoingBoing had a post a while ago showing a tiny stamp to strike out the word “God” from paper money:

godlessmoney.jpg

Which prompted Kim Moser to suggest the following FSM stamp:

fsmstamp2.jpg

Here’s what I want to know: how many people would be interested in a money stamp? We could have them made if there’s enough interest.

662 Responses to “FSM Money Stamp”

1 4 5 6 7 8 83
  1. Franz Woman says:

Oh my yes!!!! I must have one.

2. Just Guess says:

If my government is going to endorse a religion I believe it is our duty to correct them and put the FSM where He belongs on our currency.

3. Annie says:

I have an “atheist money” stamp that I use, and while the money may eventually get destroyed, it is still frequently circulated a little before it finds its way to the bank. As for being illegal to stamp, I realize constitutional rights are in danger these days, but I see this as a free speech issue. The govt shouldn’t be endorsing any sort of god. They are lucky the FSM is a kind and benevolent sort who won’t smite them down.

4. Las penas del Agente Smith » In FSM we trust says:

[...] Ya hay varias propuestas para crear un sello e ir por ahí modificando billetes. Por una vez me da lástima que los billetes de euro no tengan referencias a unicornios ni seres similares. Aunque quizá si dejamos suficiente tiempo a los polacos… ¿quién sabe? Technorati Tags: fsm, dólares | Trackback URL [...]

5. The Cut Lass says:

Sounds like a stocking stuffer to me. I would buy one. Especially if it had the website address on it.
    Having been a cashier, I can say from experience that stamped smaller bills would tend to stay in circulation longer. Although I think we would attract a fair amount of crit from kooks and fundies….I can’t help but think of all the happiness we would spread to those folks that have been looking for a community like this. My own joy is renewed daily when I consume the humor and digest the information and arguments for later use in debates with thin skinned zealots.
    So many Christians to spank, so little time.

6. Penne says:

Lass! All this spanking and stuffing of stockings,your an FSMer after my own hart! -Smite-on sister!

7. Beastly Rich says:

I’d love to know how much money the church makes from selling stuff and how much it costs to run this website.
    I bought a T shirt :)

8. The Cut Lass says:

@Penne: There’s a legend in my family about my parents attending a Unitarian swingers party (they claim they didn’t know until they got there….*rrright*). I’m hoping my husband and I can carry on the tradition with a group roll in the noodles.
    Anyone? Anyone?