FSM Money Stamp

Published November 20th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

dollarwide1.jpg

Nick Jones came up with this FSM money stamp. It covers up “In God We Trust” and replaces it with “In Pasta We Trust”. I like it.

Closeup: dollarwide2.jpg

BoingBoing had a post a while ago showing a tiny stamp to strike out the word “God” from paper money:

godlessmoney.jpg

Which prompted Kim Moser to suggest the following FSM stamp:

fsmstamp2.jpg

Here’s what I want to know: how many people would be interested in a money stamp? We could have them made if there’s enough interest.

661 Responses to “FSM Money Stamp”

1. Biscuit says:

Make a stamp without a website. Sell for use on anything but money. Advertise it like this.

“New FSM Stamp! Use it on letters, use it on people, use it to mark all that the FSM created including midgets!!! Just do not under any circumstance use it to cover up “in God We trust” on U.S. bills. This is illegal and not endorsed by the FSM. Seriously do not do this!”

Of course then we will do just that because we have to! Oh yea and delete this post, its incriminating.

2. Blimey Blimey says:

Yarrr, I’d trade my left peg-leg for one o’ these!

3. moochie says:

“This sounds awesome and I would send in all my green to get stamped.”
    _
    No problems .. I’m happy to provide this service. Just send me all your money and I’ll ensure every note is spent carefully. Oops .. I meant ‘stamped’ carefully. Silly typo .. hahaha .. ahem.

4. Gomez says:

That is just genius!

I want one, despite the fact there would be no point here in the UK.

5. Pixel Pete says:

I don’t see any practical purpose for having a stamp for money seeing as you’re just going to spend it anyways.
    But to each his own I suppose.
    RAmen

6. Pixel Pete says:

And in case you were wondering, I don’t think that stamping money is illegal, I see it all the time.

7. Gnocci Man says:

I NEED one of those. badly. I could never stand our governments blatant support of one religion over another. why NOT “In FSM We Trust”?
    RAmen

8. Mike T says:

I’m all for the impetus behind the suggestion, but I’m not entirely sure that this is actually a great idea. It only takes one uninformed moron somewhere on the Net to blab to the world that this “bizarro cult” (as they would no doubt put it) is running an anti-America campaign by defacing money, and the “In God We Trust” label. As you well know by the volumes of hate mail the Prophet gets from the legions of moronic imbeciles out there, there would be all too many of these people who would actually believe that. The last thing this site needs is new torrents of abuse and bad P.R.