FSM Money Stamp

Published November 20th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

dollarwide1.jpg

Nick Jones came up with this FSM money stamp. It covers up “In God We Trust” and replaces it with “In Pasta We Trust”. I like it.

Closeup: dollarwide2.jpg

BoingBoing had a post a while ago showing a tiny stamp to strike out the word “God” from paper money:

godlessmoney.jpg

Which prompted Kim Moser to suggest the following FSM stamp:

fsmstamp2.jpg

Here’s what I want to know: how many people would be interested in a money stamp? We could have them made if there’s enough interest.

661 Responses to “FSM Money Stamp”

1. Homo narrans says:

putting Charles Darwin on the british £10 note was one of the best recent (well, a few years ago now) decisions of the british labour government.
    but according to christian dogma, isn’t money intrinsically linked to Mammon, the arch-demon of profit? in fact, didn’t Jesus tell a wealthy man that in order to achieve peace he must give away all of his things?
    so isn’t putting “in god we trust” on legal tender kind of…heretical? you know, i always thought that the Republican party was bankrolled by immortal manifestations of ancient cosmic evil. makes sense, in a way.

2. Davey says:

The UK has a tradition of scientists on banknotes – we used to have Isaac Newton on the one pound note, back when there were such things as one pound notes!

3. One Eyed Jack says:

Bad bad bad move.
    I would endorse blacking out “In God We Trust”, but replacing it with the FSM and the website address is going to cause problems. Defacing US currency is an iffy area, but advertising a website on it is a definite no-no.
    It won’t accomplish anything positive and will only create the image of the CoFSM as vandals.

4. Wench Nikkiee says:

I agree with you OEJ. Though I wouldn’t mind an FSM stamp to put to other use.
    RAmen

5. MellowTigger says:

I think Kim Moser’s minimalist version is ideal.

One Eyed Jack: remove the images of the stamps being used on actual dollars, and I don’t see how it could be a problem. Maybe a money stamp is illegal (I don’t know, it might not be?), but a stamp surely isn’t.

6. One Eyed Jack says:

Sure, for any other use it would be fine. I’m all for it then.
    OEJ

7. Penne says:

Maybe it should be a coin with the FSM on it instead.Pasta on one side, pirate fishy on the other.

8. ButtJester says:

I think you can do this without running afoul of the law. But IANAL. Here is a link decribing it though.
    The trick is you can do it, you just can’t spend it afterward. You can’t do it with fraudulent intent. Remember all those penny smashers at the parks and fairs? Same thing. You just can’t try to spend it after…
    Again IANAL. So Please do your own research, don’t just beleive me.