FSM Holiday Cards are here

Published November 24th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

wide-cardorder1.jpg

Fedex delivered 9 boxes of FSM greeting/propaganda cards this morning and they look good. I have never seen so much propaganda in one place.

boxes2.jpg inthebox.jpg

Here are some close-up pictures:

Front: cardfron1.jpg Back: cardback1.jpg

Maybe 1/4 of the first printing has been sold, and they’re going quick – so if you want some, buy them asap. Order FSM cards HERE.

51 Responses to “FSM Holiday Cards are here”

1. Mad John Kidd says:

Welcome aboard, mates, Calum and Dave. Help yourself to some fresh garlic bread at the buffet table next to the keg. May you be forever touched by His Noodly Appendage.

RAmen and pass the Parmesan

2. Mista Gnocchi says:

Hello all. I have watched from shore at your fabolous pasta parties for too long. I could no longer resist the libations from the beer volcano so I have come aboard. Please allow a poor stow-away a place on your merry vessal. I close my eyes and fall back, with faith that our creators noodly appendages will catch me. RAmen.

Now to be relevant to the thread: I love the holiday cards. I would send one to all my religious relatives if I did not care for them so much. (Plus, I’m still trying to avoid being cast out.) Plus, despite my love of reason and disdain of faith (except for the FSM of course), I always say, “Whatever floats your philosophical boat.”

p.s. You guys like my name. Mista is also a type of pasta (according to the Hormel website).

3. Cari's mom (aka the mother-out-law) says:

Send me one, please. Not a blank one, but a real greeting card from you and the kid. (Be sure to sign it so I can sell it on eBay when I’m old & eating cat food.) Oh–you might put in a disk of the NYC photos while you’re at it! And while you’re doing that, how about downloading and disking the photos from Amy’s ex?

Did you find out what she wants for her birthday? Because I have no clue, either.

4. Dr John G Watters says:

As a Scotsman living in France the news of the great noodling came late to my ears. I have been saved from the evils of Richard Dawkins just in time and have consecrated myself to Chow Mein (as you know one of the stricter teachings of the noodliest FSM).
    I love the cards and I carry everyday the pirate fish and fish ‘n’ chips “car” badges on my bicycle’s saddlebags in order to combat the unbelievers. I also have a Ganesh but that is just for fun. Who could believe in a god with an elephant’s head? Ridiculous.
    However, I have a question. Is kilt wearing an acceptable form of dress for a pirate? This question has kept me awake night after night, particularly as it is in a rather loud Buchanan tartan.
    With noodles of regard,
    john g watters

5. Jon E says:

I’m fairly sure that there were scotish pirates, so I would have thought that a kilt would be totally acceptable as pirate wear. Anyway if you’re a pirate you really don’t need to conform to anybody elses ideals of style.

6. Mista Gnocchi says:

@Jon E
    From my studies of history I don’t remember Scotland being a particular sea power in the age of pirates. No doubt a number of scots were part of the crews of english ships, but they probably would be discouraged from wearing kilts. Plus wearing a kilt on an all wooden ships would surely be a good way to get a splinter in the arse. But I am knew to the church so you may want to consult a more tenured member.

7. Penne says:

It is quite windy on the sea as well, I once met a scotsman in a kilt walking around a corner on a rather blustery day on land and I have still not completely recovered.

8. Gnocci Man says:

A pasted gift for the Scottish, sorry I couldn’t find the author.

The Scotsman Song
    (Author Unknown)

Well, a Scotsman clad in kilt left a bar one evening fair,
    And one could tell by how he walked that he’d drunk more than his share.
    He fumbled ’round until he could no longer keep his feet,
    And he stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street.

Ring ding diddle iddle ay dee oh, Ring di diddly ay oh,
    And he stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street

About that time two young and lovely girls just happend by,
    One says to the other with a twinkle in her eye:
    “See yon sleeping Scotsman, so strong and handsome built?
    I wonder if it’s true what they don’t wear beneath the kilt!”

Ring ding diddle iddle ay dee oh, Ring di diddly ay oh,
    I wonder if it’s true what they don’t wear beneath the kilt!”

They crept up on that sleeping Scotsman quiet as could be;
    Lifted up his kilt about an inch so they could see.
    And there, behold, for them to view beneath his Scottish skirt,
    Was nothin’ more than God had graced him with upon his birth.

Ring ding diddle iddle ay dee oh, Ring di diddly ay oh,
    Was nothin’ more than God had graced him with upon his birth.

They marvelled for a moment, then one said: “We must be gone.
    Let’s leave a present for our friend before we move along.”
    As a gift they left a blue silk ribbon tied into a bow,
    Around the bonnie star the Scotsman’s kilt did lift and show.

Ring ding diddle iddle ay dee oh, Ring di diddly ay oh,
    Around the bonnie star the Scotsman’s kilt did lift and show.

Now the Scotsman woke to nature’s call, and stumbled towards the trees.
    Behind the bush he lifts his kilt, and gawks at what he sees.
    And in a startled voice he says, to what’s before his eyes,
    “Oh, lad I don’t know where ye been, but I see ye won first prize!”

Ring ding diddle iddle ay dee oh, Ring di diddly ay oh,
    “Oh, lad I don’t know where ye been, but I see ye won first prize!”
    RAmen