sadly pathetic

Published October 22nd, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

I found this hate-comment left in response to the fsm protest in london post:

Not a religious message, but just a comment on how truly, astoundingly, sadly pathetic you are. If you’ve got a problem with creationism, then why not attack it in a vaguely sensible way, with intellectual criticism? All you’re doing is offending people, and providing money for a guy who can’t be bothered getting off his arse to get a job, so comes up with this instead. Just pathetic.

93 Responses to “sadly pathetic”

1 2 3 12
  1. henderob says:

it’s not that I can’t be bothered to get a job, so much as work sucks.

2. Marcus Marinara says:

Brother, can you spare a penne?

3. NowtheworldhasMeaning says:

I like what Rob has done, It is simple enough a parody of religion and the belief in God. Due to its comical nature it has probably got to more people than an intelligently put letter.
    I don’t know if anyone here is from the UK but simply put an entire generation or three learned politics from a show called “spitting Image” this is what the FSM site is for religion.
    “Spitting image” is highly thought of in this country, as I believe the FSM site will be in a number of years. And if Robb makes money off it more power to him. Lets face it how many priests are making money from peddling lies?

4. Scott Gardener says:

The whole movement IS the critical argument. Its very existance is by design a criticism of the fundamental arguments used by “Intelligent Design” advocates, or, more specifically, their supporters in the Kansas School Board. It’s inherant absurdity coupled by the use of arguments identical in logical structure to that of Intelligent Design points out the problems with their arguments. It will go over the heads of those unaccustomed to logic outside of Spock’s frequent references to it in Star Trek.

5. J says:

I wonder if other authors and self-employed creative people are also to be counted as people who ‘can’t be bothered getting off [their] arse[s] to get a job’.
    (Why do I try to find sense in these posts? Why, why?)

6. Marcus Marinara says:

The Holy See had an income of over $203,000,000 in 2000 (the latest estimate I can find) with a net gain of $8,500,000 after “expenses”, according to the Vatican . I am sure the televangelist Protestant Christian Right can top that with one grubby hand tied behind their backs. Religion is big business.

7. One Eyed Jack says:

“And if Robb makes money off it more power to him. Lets face it how many priests are making money from peddling lies?”
    And I don’t think a child has ever been molested in the name of the FSM.
    “The whole movement IS the critical argument. Its very existance is by design a criticism of the fundamental arguments used by ‘Intelligent Design’ advocates,”
    Uh oh. Does this mean FSM is an argument for ID? I thought the FSM was evidence for unintelligent design.
    OEJ

8. henderob says:

I think that since FSM, by it’s nature, attracts intelligent “followers”, it will never generate a huge income. We have sold a lot of those FSM car emblems, though.

1 2 3 12